* Chapter 41 *

Y/n pushed her staff down making Muzan stay in one place at least attempt to. The other Hashira's and the trio was hurt she didn't need there help anyways.

The sun came up burning Muzan, she tried keeping him in the same place but her hand was shaking. Her blood was boiling it was not from anger it was like actually boiling.

Another hand came onto her staff it was Giyuu, he was helping her make Muzan stay in place. Muzan turned into a giant big baby making Giyuu and Y/n eyes widened.

'If i eat Y/n i could maybe inherit her Sun abilities!' Muzan thought.

Muzan absorbed in Y/n's staff and Y/n herself into the big baby body. Giyuu yelled "Y/N!!!"

Muzan began to crawl away running from the sunlight attempting to find shade. The Kukashi's started to help by pushing trains in his way, whatever that will stop him from leaving.

Sanemi sent attacks once again and Gyomei put his chain around Muzan's baby forms neck pulling it back from escaping.

Everyone was hoping Muzan would die right then and there but he was not.

"He's trying to dig underground! Attack and whittle away Muzan's strength!!" Gyomei yelled.

Every Hashira attacked with the remaining strength they had hoping it would stop muzan but...it was no use.

Luckily the sun was out, Muzan's baby body began to burn from the sun, he was screaming in pain. His body was disintegrating and soon it disappeared.

Everyone screamed and cried they finally defeated Muzan.

"WE WON! WE DEFEATED MUZAN!! MUZAN IS DEAD!!" A demon slayer yelled.

Everyone was crying or yelling or checking on each other. "We aren't done yet! Go treat the wounded! Shift to emergency aid! Stop blubbering and pull yourselves together!!" A Kukashi yelled.

The Hashira's were all wounded from the battle, not life or death type of wounded. Most were bleeding out but could easily be stopped with some aid.

Everyone was getting treated with aid and but Giyuu was worried about Y/n. She was absorbed in Muzan's stomach.

"No, Tomioka!" "You mustn't move!" The Kukashi's yelled.

"Where is Y/n? Is she all right?!" Giyuu yelled asking the Kukashi's. "First let us treat you and-" The kukashi tried saying but Giyuu saw Y/n's face melted off and her staff was broken, but she was still holding onto one side of it. She was laying on the ground, the Kukashi's tried to check for a pulse of anything since she is a demon.

"She isn't breathing...there is no pulse. Tsugikuni..." The kukashi cried. Y/n did not have a pulse she was on the ground dead.

To the Kukashi's Y/n would never treat them with disrespect, she would see everyone equally no matter a swordsmith, swordsman, Kukashi or Civilan she saw them all with respect.

Tanjiro ran towards Y/n, dropping in front of her body. His breath was shaky, all he saw were the memories of Y/n saving him all those times and her funny antics. Even though she was sad she would never back down to save anybody. Her smile made him smile, she would treat Tanjiro as her own son.

Giyuu to dropped in front of Y/n staring at her body. She's the reason why he believes he is the Water Hashira. She pushed him to believe in himself and have some confidence, even if Shinobu teased him.

"I've failed to protect you...and all those times you've protected me...i can never return the favor now...I always receive protection from others. Forgive me." Giyuu said with his head down tears in his eyes.

All the Hashira's gathered around Y/n, all of them were aided and some were not. All the sacrifices Y/n has made from them...all lead to here. Muichiro and Genya are alive because of her, her shielding them in battle. Shinobu is alive and not absorbed because
Y/n chose to tell her to not give up her life and have hope in her. Rengoku is still alive and Tengen as well back at the headquarters, they are alive all because of Y/n. All of them are alive just as she promised.

The promise she made the first time they met was going through there minds. "I will be the one to end Muzan even if my life is on the line. But I will not be allowing you 9 to die. Muzan took everything from me, including upper moon 1. I will help, and not let a single limb go missing on you." Y/n said the first time she met them. This all...all of this led to her dead in front of them.

Y/n was the one to defeat Muzan and complete her husbands request...she did all of this for him and her child. Her child who was dead by Muzan, her husband who's brother was turned into a demon by Muzan.

All the Hashira's dropped to the floor around her body they failed to protect the person who protected them the most. Y/n is the reason why they are alive with no missing body parts. Maybe a missing finger or a missing eye...but they are still alive...which she is not.

All Y/n wanted was to avenge her unborn child and her husband.

Mitsuri let out a cry hugging Y/n's body "I'm sorry Y/n!! All those times you've protected me and I couldn't even do it back!!" Mitsuri yelled.

The other Hashira's spilled some tears as well, some tried to keep it in but seeing Y/n's body in front of them dead...they just couldn't. The trio and Nezuko couldn't do anything, all they could do is cry loudly. Muichiro and Genya were crying the hardest, they could have done something to help but they were too wounded to do anything.

Life is unfair, the ones who attempt to do everything right, the ones who always try their best to put others care instead of their own always end up with a bad ending.

- Muzan's pov when Y/n was absorbed -

The Shadows of death has always... been close to me. My heart stopped numerous times while I was still in my mothers womb. They said I was still born...but I had no pulse and wasn't breathing.

But when they went to cremate me...I writhed..and struggled...and released my first cries.

What I have strongly desired has always come true. I have made it happen. However, what I could do alone was limited. Ubuyashiki...I must admit what you said is true. All lives just die.

Only feelings are eternal and undying that is true. I don't not rennet a single human being I have killed. Flesh dies and that is the end. However their feelings passed on and never fell to ruin...and have been defeated me.

I have witnessed that fact with my own eyes...and I was so moved that I trembled. My flesh will soon crumble in the sunlight but...my feelings are also undying and eternal. I will entrust all of my feelings to her. Her breath and heart has stopped from passing her limit, but her cells are still alive.

There is still time... I will pour into you all my blood and power...and if you avoid immediate death and survive, Y/n...L/n. You have already conquered the sun, you will become the strongest demons and become The Queen of Demons. You will not die. I believe that. You will make my dream come true...
Y/n."