One : 27

As much as jeno hated to admit it, hed give anything to just be back at school. To have his biggest problem be donghyuck and chenle constantly pestering him. To see them sitting on the bleachers in his football practice pointing out which of his team mates they were conspiring to set him up with. 

To be able to be so very bored, with a life so very uneventful that it took him but moments to fall asleep in the middle of his classes.

He'd awoken late that morning, after dreaming of clear skies and summers with his friends, to find jaemin was already up and out of bed. Judging from the gentle orange hues painting the walls jeno had guessed it was likely no longer even morning,  probably closer to one. Which would explain the growling in his stomach.

 The crowded house had sounded incredibly empty as he crept across the hall and down the stairs, the padding of his feet and creaking in the floorboards the only sounds to be heard.

"Ah jeno," a deep voice beckoned him as he entered the ground floor hallway, chenles father standing between he and the kitchen. "We saved you some food."

Jeno nodded somewhat solemnly, still dusting sleep from his eyes and fatigue from his bones. Nevertheless he plodded  onwards and into he dining room, muscles aching with a strange sense of finality. He imagined the feeling was akin to that of an athlete after running a marathon.

He found the room crowded, people sat at every empty surface,  plates and bowls littering the dining table at which the gathering was being held. Yet it didnt seem Grandiose to jeno, rather it felt overpopulated.

Jeno grabbed a bowl of fruit and cradled it close to his stomach as he waltzed around the table, hoisting himself up onto a cupboard counter top beside Donghyuck who sat cross legged and very engrossed in the conversation.

"What's happening?" Jeno muttered his mouth full with food.

The room fell to a hush at jenos voice, as though hed disrupted the careful eb and flow of conversation, like putting a dam in a gushing river.

Jaemin's mother reached out to hold her son and her husbands hands on the table top, running her thumbs over their palms.

Mark took a breath while looking at his hands, then finally he met jenos eyes and answered his question.

"Its the end jeno."