Coffee: 3

It was not in fact jenos alarm that woke him the next morning, nor was it the sunlight streaming into his room in the gaps between his blinds.

No, what awoke jeno the next morning was loud and thudding footsteps trampling up the stairs.

Jen0 glanced at his alarm clock in confusion and was rather downcast to find that it wasn't even 9am yet.

His door slammed against the wall as Jaemin strutted in entirely unapologetically.

"Jeno why the fuck don't you have any alarms it is 8:45; we are going to be late to school."

"Diddoms." Jeno rolled over and pulled the covers over his head.

"Hey! You need to get up."

"I don't see how that is affecting you. And I do have alarms, you have woken me up before them."

Jaemin glanced at the clock. Then back at jeno with an incredulous expression.

"School starts at 9."

"I was gonna skip first."

Jaemin rolled his eyes. "You could've warned me."

"Well now you're skipping first as well. Welcome to the rule breakers club, it's real fun." Jeno said groggily as he rose from his bed slapping Jaemin's shoulder, figuring he might as well get up now he was awake.

"What's for breakfast?"

"Na Jaemin, Have I ever told you you are possibly the most obnoxious person I've ever met?"

"Not worded quite like that but probably yes."

Jeno made his way back down to the kitchen, the cuffs of his joggers dragging along the floor, and threw the blinds open, shielding his eyes so they could adjust. He searched the fridge and came up with nothing, then searched the cupboards and came up with nothing. Well he had the leftover pizza but for a breakfast Jeno wasn't really feeling it.

"Yo, Dickmin."

Jaemin plodded into the kitchen, now wearing his mostly dry hoody. "Wow how creative of you. What."

"You happen to have any food?"

"Does it look like I have any food."

"Okay Starbucks it is then."

***

Jeno had texted Donghyuk and pleaded with him to skip bio and come meet him at Starbucks, and after much coercion he agreed. Jeno dragged Jaemin with him to Starbucks and ignored him the entire journey there. He took him not because he wanted to, but because he figured Jaemin already owed him a favour, and it'd be best to just have him on his good side for at least a day. He paid for Jaemin to get one of his deathly looking coffees- becuase even Jeno could admit he was looking a bit caffeine deprived- and for him to have a muffin, which he shoved into Jaemin's hands and then rather firmly told him to get lost.

And with coffee and breakfast in hand Jaemin actually obliged, and left the shop with what one could've mistaken for a thankful smile, but that jeno was much more certain was a grimace.

And after he'd taken a seat at a small low table and watched Jaemin round the corner and hopefully forever disappear, donghyuck barged into the quiet and peaceful cafe; laughing loudly, but not as loudly as Chenle who was closer to shrieking. The barista glared at them but plastered on a fake smile and took their order.

Jeno watched the ordeal bemusedly as donghyuck rather arrogantly flirted with the barista, winking at him as he snatched the coffees they were passed.