Sunshine: 6

It was official.

Chemistry was Jeno's most hated subject.

"I'm going to be pairing you up for this experiment. It is a required practical assessment so I should urge you to take this seriously. You have all done titration before, so I needn't remind you the glassware is expensive and I won't be all too pleased if it gets broken."

Jeno had had his headphones in for the better part of the lesson, his hood up so his teacher couldn't see the wires, his head down so he couldn't see that he was on the verge of falling asleep.

Someone shoved his shoulder and he jumped up and tugged on his headphone cable to hear.

"Lee Jeno for the fourth time!"

"Sorry."

Mr Gwan fixed an icy glare on Jeno and tapped his pen against the palm of his hand.

"And...Na Jaemin, the front desk."

Oh it couldn't get any worse.

"Well hello old friend long time no see."

"Shutup."

He dragged himself and his backpack over to the empty desk and slouched on his new lab stool.

Jaemin took one look at Jeno's blank and creased pad of paper and one look at jeno.

"You have got to take notes you know, I don't want to fail."

It could get worse.

He scanned Jaemin's neatly written and highlighted notes, acknowledging his colour scheme and thought it was rather in character for Jaemin, who had at some point recently dyed his hair bright blue and was now walking around school with blue hair and lightly dusted eyelids which he presumed he'd done himself. It was also paired with a bright orange hoodie and multiple piercings and rings.

"Strange attire for someone who was running from something." Jeno huffed to himself as he scribbled the date on his paper.

Jaemin froze for a second beside him as he was prepping the experiment.

"What?"

"Nothing."

They went back to silence exchanging only the bare minimum as Jeno measured out acids and Jaemin set up the test tubes and buerette. They started the long process of dripping one acid into the other. This was going to take forever.

"So," Jaemin quipped. "You and Mark left pretty hastily the other day."

"I don't like company."

"Hmmm, is that so. I could've sworn I saw you getting picked up maybe twenty minutes after you'd left though. Get lost?"

"I don't see why you should care?"

Jaemin shouldn't care. He knew that realistically Jeno and marks probable fling should have near to no effect on him. yet it angered him in a way he didn't understand.

Jaemin had known mark forever. They used to be a lot closer than they were now, but he knew mark was still a nice guy through and through. And the idea of him with Jeno just didn't sit right with Jaemin.

Jeno spoke and completely snapped Jaemin out of his thoughts.

"Why can't you stay at jisungs house?"

This was a question that confused Jaemin. He hadn't told Jeno where he was staying at the moment, or that he wasn't staying at Jisungs. He supposed Jeno could've guessed, given he showed up at Jeno's house and not his.