Peach wine: 23

Jaemin twirled a strand of Jeno's hair around his fingers. It was dark, Silky, but glowing from the low lying sun that cast peachy light across his cheeks.

It was sweet, Jaemin had thought. Jeno pretended to be cold and unforgiving at school, but the second you open up to him he'll cuddle with you on the couch as the hours passed. Whatever it was that had been happening in Jeno's day, he looked exhausted. His head was buried in Jaemin's chest, arms wrapped tightly around his torso, eye lashes drooping so much so jaemin was sure he was going to fall asleep any second.

Jaemin brushed his hair away from his face and gently pulled on his chin, so he was looking up at him. Jeno's eyes fluttered open.

"Did you change your bandage yet?"

Jeno let out a long slow breath, and hauled himself up so he could bury his face in the crook of Jaemin's neck.

"No, Im tired." He grumbled and Jaemin could feel the vibrations tickling up his spine.

Jaemin gave him a gentle poke in the side, which he squirmed away from, curling into a ball and eliciting a laugh from Jaemin.

"Get up then, your wound can't get infected."

Lethargically Jeno pulled a hand out from beneath Jaemin's neck and ran it up to his lips, resting it there and shushing him.

Jaemin continued to poke him repeatedly until Jeno was fed up and rolled off, and then lost his balance and ended up falling off the couch into the carpet with a gentle thud.

"Ow."

Jaemin was chuckling again. Jeno made him so happy. The plan was doomed to fail from the start.

Jeno sat up and glared at Jaemin, but his features softened in an instant. He had his crescent eyes on show, cheeks full.

Jeno sounded breathless. "You're prettiest when you smile."

Doomed. The plan was doomed.

Jeno shuffled across the room, making his way out the door, not without pausing in the doorway to send Jaemin another smile- which Jaemin took as a perfect opportunity to send a flying kiss at him- before he got embarrassed and ran up the stairs.

Jaemin fell back onto the couch, head spinning and butterflies in his stomach, confused and happy and worried and biting his lip because he felt like such a child swooning with a stupid crush that made his cheeks red and achey from smiling.

After approximately three minutes of staring at the ceiling and trying to stop smiling so he could figure out what in the hell he was supposed to do, Jeno's phone started buzzing from an unknown number on the coffee table. Jaemin reached out to silent it, but when he recognised it as Renjuns number he picked up.

"Hello?"

"Oh.. Jaemin?"

Jaemin glanced at the stairwell and started walking away towards the kitchen. "Yeah it's me."

"Ah great; I was trying to get hold of you."

Jaemin mindlessly started making a coffee as he held the phone with his shoulder.

"Okay well now you have me, what do you want?"

"Um, we want to know if you managed to convince Jeno to go out with mark yet."

Jaemin stopped what he was doing and and rubbed his brow, falling to lean on the countertop.

"Really? You're in on this aswell? Fuck me."

"That's not exactly the response I was expecting from you when I told you I was helping your parents keep safe but okay sure."

Jaemin scrunched up his face; he was sounding like an asshole.