chapter thirty-nine ❃ worried

When we arrived at Hogwarts it was like old times again, everybody was excitedly chatting and squealing as we climbed into the carriages. I had looked around for Cedric but there was no sign of him yet. We arrived in front of the school and immediately the atmosphere changed. Snape was stood in front of the doors, surrounded by teachers I had never seen before. Behind them stood all of our old beloved teachers, they all looked heartbroken and I had never seen Professor McGonagall with such a mournful expression. Snape put us into our houses and led us into the great hall where there were no longer any long tables and warm candle lights. Instead there was an empty, gloomy room with a new wall built at the back.

I gripped Draco's hand as I was taken back to that night, the fire, the explosions – everything destroyed. I looked around the hall and noticed lots of students missing, their parents probably too scared to send them back to a school that Snape was ruling over. I panicked for a second in case this is what Cedric's parents had done but relaxed when I recognised the back of his head in the Hufflepuff group, he was looking around too and when his eyes met mine, I felt slightly comforted. He was looking at me with a longing expression and I knew immediately what he was feeling – I wanted nothing more than to just run into his arms and never let go. Snape cleared his throat and I immediately drew my attention to him, Draco was right; I had to be careful this year. Snape explained in his usual mono tone voice what would be happening this year, there were new teachers, new punishments and no longer a house point system. Slytherin was the ruling house. Nobody dared groan or complain when he announced this, but I could tell by their faces that they wanted to, even though this new rule was in favour of me I still wanted to claim that it was unfair. I looked around again and noticed that The Golden Trio were not here, Ginny and her two older brothers were but Ron wasn't. I knew Harry and Hermione would be with him, they went everywhere together, but where could they be? I hoped they hadn't just run away in hope of a better life but I knew that was impossible, Ron wouldn't leave his siblings and as I knew from Draco and Harry's constant battle, Harry did not just walk away from a fight... especially when it was against someone who had caused him so much pain. No, they must have been preparing.

When Snape had finished, we were told to go back to our common rooms straight away but as we were leaving the hall Draco nudged me, "I think someone is waiting for you." I followed his gaze until I was met with Cedric leaning against the wall outside of the stairway to the kitchens. I smiled at him before turning back to Draco, "I'll let you go because I know you'll just find another way if I don't, but I mean it Parisa, be careful." I quickly hugged him and joined the rest of the Hufflepuffs that were walking towards their common room. When I got to Cedric, he grabbed my hand and some students started to stare at us, I could imagine what they were thinking so instead of glaring; I smiled at them. They looked pretty startled but hesitantly smiled back. I did wonder whether them seeing us together meant I was already going against Draco's word but then I remembered how everybody else viewed me. They'd be too scared to say anything... especially after the last day of term. Cedric quickly opened the door to the common room and pulled me into his dorm, immediately locking the door behind him.

"You have no idea how worried I've been about you." He said before quickly pushing his lips into mine and backing me up onto his bed. He led me down and then slowly climbed on top of me without breaking the kiss, I couldn't pull him close enough; even though pretty much every part of me was touching some part of him I still needed more. "I've missed you so much." I said in-between kisses and Cedric groaned, "Me too, are you okay? What happened that night?" He asked and I tried my hardest to form a sentence, however, the way he was leading his kisses down my chest as he opened the buttons on my shirt was making it very difficult to think coherently. "If we're going to talk, we're going to have to stop." I managed to pant out and I felt him smirk against my stomach. "Which would you rather right now?" He asked as he peppered kisses under my belly button, I didn't say anything I just sat up and removed my shirt for him before laying back down and smiling. He chuckled as he got the message and pulled down my skirt.