chapter eleven ❃ the yule ball

Me and Viktor reached the bottom of the stairs and were submerged into the crowd. Somewhere Dumbledore was speaking and all the voices around us stopped. "If the champions and their partners would like to wait out here, whilst everybody else enters the great hall, the night can commence." Hundreds of students started filing through the doors to the Great Hall until the only people left were the 8 of us. I avoided Cedric's gaze and just looked at the doors nervously until we heard the music start. Dumbledore formed us into a line, side by side with our Partners. In front of me and Viktor, were Fleur and her date which I was glad by, however, behind us was Cedric and Cho. I could smell him from behind me, and that comforting smell of honey and vanilla engulfed me. To my relief our que came and we all graciously walked in, everybody was staring, and I saw Pansy and Daphne wave as I passed them and I smiled at them, I had noticed that all the boys were staring at me and I'd started to feel self-consciousness. What did people think? The Slytherin Princess wearing a golden dress? I pushed my worries to the back of my head and just looked at Viktor as we started to dance, I didn't dare steal even a glance at Cedric, not with everyone staring at me, including my friends. Too risky. Soon enough, everybody was twirling around with us and I relaxed slightly. Me and Viktor spoke quietly as we danced, he was telling me about the final challenge in one month from now; Merlin it sounded dreadful. The Maze. People lost themselves in there physically and mentally, only the toughest wizards had survived. The traditional dance ended and the real night, for us anyway, finally began. I was having a great time with Viktor and since the first dance I actually hadn't thought about Cedric. I hadn't seen him either which helped, it was hard to see anyone properly to be honest. A stage had been put at the end of the great hall and hundreds of students were now crowded around it dancing, laughing extatically. Everyone was having a good time, some the best of their lives but I knew mine was coming to an end when Viktor pulled me to the side. "I promised Hermione I'd save her a dance, do you mind? I won't be long." I nodded slowly; was I really being left for Hermione Granger right now? He thanked me and left, not knowing what to do I went and sat down. As I walked to my seat, I noticed Potter and Weasley sitting at theirs with sour looks on their faces. (Most probably because their 3rd member was now dancing with a world-famous seeker.) I sat down and looked around. One dance with Granger, turned into 4. The Great Hall was almost empty now with only a select few being left, students had either left because they needed somewhere more.... private with their date. (As I had suspected Draco and Pansy had.) and some had just simply left because they were tired. One of this couples however was not Cedric and Cho; they were still dancing looking into each other's eyes. If I hadn't had been so bloody jealous maybe I would have found it cute. I was aware I was staring but I had lost the will to care. My night then got worse, when I saw Granger and Krum rush past me laughing to each other, holding hands. They left the great hall and that was that, no 'goodbye thanks for coming with me' no nothing, not even a glance in my direction. I had just been left for a Mud- for Granger. Why was I still here? My date had just ditched me, now leaving me all by myself. I felt tears start to run down my face and I quickly wiped them away, praying to Merlin no one had seen. However, when I stood up and ran out the hall, I couldn't stop the sob that erupted from my throat. I didn't know where to go, Pansy and Draco would no dubitably be occupying our room, and even if they weren't, I really did not feel like facing anybody in the common room tonight. I went to the only place where I was certain I would undisturbed. Not the astronomy tower, no I knew there would be at least one couple up there somewhere, I found myself on the 5th floor, prefect bathrooms. I ran into a cubicle, not locking it behind me, there was no point. No one came in here anyway it was out of bounds to most people (non-prefects.) and I knew most, if not all prefects would have other plans for tonight then sitting in a stingy bathroom. Uncontrollably, I started to cry.

Cedric Diggory's POV:

Me and Cho slowly stopped dancing as the music faded. I had, had a lovely night with Cho, she was a kind, fun, beautiful girl, but this didn't stop my mind wondering to a certain someone else during the night. I heard a sob and quickly looked to where it was coming from, I wasn't certain, but I thought I saw the back of a golden dress whip around the corner of the door. Everybody else was staring there, obviously hearing it too and I decided it was time to take Cho back to her common room and then head of to bed. The Ravenclaw common room wasn't somewhere I had been to often, and it was more Cho showing me where to take her than me taking her back. We ended up on the 5th floor, passing the prefects bathroom and I was reminded of that night 2 months ago. I'd thought about that kiss every day since then and today was obviously no exception. Oh what I would do to just hold Parisa again. I brought my attention back to Cho who was now standing at the bottom of a spiral staircase. "Well, this is it." She told me nervously, I smiled at her and wished her goodnight before watching her walk away. Oh. Had she expected me to kiss her? I'd hoped not. I didn't feel like kissing anybody right now, anybody but one person that is. I sighed as Cho disappeared up the stairs and started walking back to the kitchens. The Hufflepuff common room always had been in the most unusual place. As I passed the prefects bathroom's however, I heard another sob, louder than the one in the hall. I knew I shouldn't involve myself in whoever's business it was but, I just couldn't help myself, someone was obviously upset, and I had to try to help, no matter how tired I was now. I walked in and followed the sobbing towards a cubicle. The door was open, and I quietly approached. I was shocked however, at who I saw sat, hugging her knees on the floor, crying. What could only be described as uncontrollably. "Parisa?"

End of Cedric Diggory's POV.

authors note: hello!! More Cedric POV hehe, this month is going to be 3 chapters, so I hope you're enjoying it! We now have over 100 reads! Thank you so much! I really am loving writing this story so please VOTE!!!! Again, feel free to leave me any comments! Thank you again, for reading!