chapter thirteen ❃ my angel

January: 1 Month.

Since that night, me and Cedric have been happy. I genuinely feel happy. It is a bit annoying sometimes, all this sneaking around. Whenever we're not in lessons, or at meals we're together. We sneak out after ours and meet in the astronomy tower, Cedric calls it 'our special place.' He's snuck me into his dorm a couple times too, sneaking him into my dorm would be way too risky because of Pansy, and I wouldn't eve risk sneaking him into even the Slytherin common room. As Cedric is a prefect, he has a dorm to himself, which makes it easier once I'm past the common room, we don't have to worry. We've almost been caught a few times but have always managed to get away with it. Like tonight, Cedric was waiting for me outside of the Slytherin common room after curfew. I'd told Pansy I was just going to 'clear my head' as I often did, so I hoped it didn't seem out of the ordinary.

Me and Cedric were walking down the hallway hand in hand when we heard footsteps, Cedric grabs my arm and pulls me into a narrow gap in the old wall, behind a statue, just out of sight. The space is tight, and he just looks down at me with his hand over my mouth to stop me from giggling. Our bodies are so close together, I can feel his chest pressing against mine when he breathes causing my heart rate to increase. The footsteps turn the corner and we step out, just turning the corner I can see the back of Draco's head, and thanked Merlin he of all people hadn't caught us. Me and Cedric were heading to 'our special place.'

When we got there, we both laid down on the floor, looking up at the stars, he knew I loved it up here. When I turned to look at Cedric, he was already staring at me, smiling sweetly. I blushed. "What?" I whispered to him turning on my side to face him properly. He did the same as me and placed his hand on my cheek. "You're so beautiful Parisa." I blushed harder and looked down, as he moved his hand to my waist. "I feel like I need a nickname for you, but Ris sounds too friendly for me, I know that's what your friends call you." I laughed lightly. "I don't know Cedric my names pretty boring and short, Ris is the only option."

"I love your name, it's so unique, what does it mean? You know, all names have a meaning mine means something boring from like the 18 hundreds." I laughed, I'd never told him this actually, it was the only reason I liked my name. "Merlin, this is going to sound so cliché, but my name actually means 'like an angel.' It's the only good thing about it." Cedric's eyes lit up. "That's it then, I'll call you angel, my angel. It's completely perfect for you." Cedric kissed my forehead and I smiled at him; he was wrong. Angel was actually more like the complete opposite of what I was. I was literally going to sell my soul to who could only be described as the devil of the wizarding world, and in one month. I suddenly felt dread as I was reminded, we only had one month left. One month until my whole world was going to be plunged into darkness again. Cedric was my light, distracting me from all the dark of my world, but soon that light would go out and I would be left with nothing but the uncertainty that the darkness held. I felt a tear slide down my cheek and Cedric quickly wiped it away with this thumb. "Angel? What's wrong?" I did like the nickname, but it only made me more upset. "I-I just, I'm going to miss you so much when this is over." Me and Cedric hadn't spoken about the 'mystery' that was dooming our relationship much. He knew it upset me, and he understood I couldn't tell him what it was. That was one of the great things about Cedric, he always understood, even when he had no idea how bad things were about to get. This was always looming over us though, it was written in the stars above us that we were just not meant to be, no matter how much we wanted it right now. We were just two star-crossed lovers and there was nothing we could do about it. Cedric didn't say anything, though I know what he longed to say, 'why does this have to be over?' and although I was asking myself the same question, I knew the answer.

Me and Cedric led together, talking and laughing, kissing and just enjoying each other's company until the sun made its first appearance. It was the weekend so we knew hardly anyone would wake up early, we decided to stay and watch the sun rise. I loved moments like this with Cedric, and when it's all over, these are the memories I will hold on to. I stood up and leaned against the bars of the astronomy tower looking out at the view, Cedric came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist kissing my neck softly. "As much as I'd like to stay here with you like this forever, we should get back." I sighed but agreed when I yawned for what felt like the hundredth time. Cedric left first, and I followed shortly, hoping nobody would notice. I headed back to my dorm and met Draco coming down the stairs from mine and Pansy's dorm. "You're up early Ris, where have you been all night? Blaise said you weren't even in the common room last night" He looked at me suspiciously. "Just in the astronomy tower as always.... Preparing myself." He looked sad then and I knew he felt the same way about everything as I did. Neither of us said anymore, I just headed to my dorm where I found Pansy fast asleep. I quietly got changed and was about to get into bed when I heard a tapping on the window. I recognised the owl straight away and I felt dread creep into my system. I opened the window and took the letter from the owl's beak. I also recognised the handwriting straight away. It was from my father.

authors note: it's going to get sad soon guys L I hope you're enjoying this story, I do try to update everyday but I have college next week so I might not be able to post as often as I have this weekend. I will try my hardest but please bear with me! Thank you all so much for reading! I am really enjoying writing it and I'm excited to see how it turns out as I've been planning it for ages haha. Please VOTE!!!!