Chapter Twenty

As it turns out, Hawks were joining you. Which you found strange, but decided not to question. Now, you had heard of the pro hero from Deku's rambles, and ads and tv shows constantly blabbering about him. He was on basically every second you turned on the news, which wasn't often.

But now, with Dabi, things were different. He would make sure you were never alone with the retired pro hero, and whenever he would flirt with you, the arsonist would immediately shut it down. And if you would be even remotely close to Hawks, your boyfriend would get more possessive, keeping a protective arm over your waist, and pulling you close to him.

A more cynical part of you wondered how Hawks was still alive right now, but Dabi had his reasons, and you were just happy that you weren't the cause of another death.

Tonight was no different from any other. Dabi was busy with some sort of meeting or something, leaving you all alone. You spent that alone time standing on the roof and looking at the lights of the city.

Your freedom was so close, you could practically taste it. All you would have to do was jump. Jump and you'd be able to escape it all. But where would you go? What would you have then? Nothing. He was the only person you had left and you hated it. Or so you thought.

"You up here all alone, kid?" A voice asked, pulling you out of your thoughts. You looked over at the blonde man who was perched upon the terrace beside you.

"We really shouldn't be talking to each other. Dabi wouldn't like it." You told him, suppressing the urge to just breakdown, to just beg him for help, to just let him fly you far far away from here.

"Am I really that bad? C'mon, kid, I don't bite, I promise." He smirked, showing off his pearly white teeth. He was much more attractive in person, with a handsome face, beautiful crimson wings, and gorgeous gold eyes that matched his hair perfectly. But still, your heart belonged to Dabi. And that's where it would stay, chained up for as long as you lived.

Hawks dropped down, walking over to you and leaning over the small fence that kept you from falling, glancing over at you.

"Do you always do what Dabi says?" He questioned, his tone growing more serious than usual.

"I do what I'm told, so I can stay out of trouble and keep people safe. Is that clear enough for you?" You replied, just wanting him to leave you alone.

"No, no, I got it. But, you sound like more of a hero than a villain." He commented, making you look up at him. He had figured it all out, hadn't he? "I know we're both there for our own reasons, and we both have our jobs to do, but I am getting more interested in yours."

"Is it something that you pros have that just make you try to get involved in other people's lives? Butt out." You hissed, growing more defensive by the second.

"You didn't kill Bakugo and Todoroki, did you?" That question managed to mad your eyes begin to blur, as you blinked back tears, biting down on your lip and looking away. "And you still love him?"

I don't know. I don't know how I feel about anything anymore. All I know is that it just hurts.

"I-I-" You stuttered tears now streaming down your face. Gloved hands cupped your cheek gently, brushing those tears away. His wings spread around you, pushing you into him. He wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into a hug you so desperately needed.

"Don't worry, kid. I'll get you out of this. I promise." While you were thankful, a part of you was scared. Scared that you were going to cause another death. But things would be done differently this time, right? They would be better, and you would finally be able to be free again, right?

(A/N: OKAY HAWKS IS ONLY CALLING HER KID CAUSE SHES YOUNGER THAN HIM I HATE WHEN HE SAYS THAT SHIT TO PEOPLE WHO'RE HIS SAME AGE THATS BSSSS

BUT UGH MANS IS SO HOT HE ABOUT TO STEAL THE SHOW SHSGSHSH

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment & vote!