Chapter Twenty Two

As you watched the fight break out, you realized something. Why Dabi hadn't killed Hawks yet.

Sure, Dabi was incredibly strong, but he wasn't immortal. And that point seemed to be proved as you watched the two clash. It seemed pretty even, and for a moment, Hawks got the upper hand.

He struck Dabi to the ground, knocking him out cold with one of his feathers he used as a sword. The feathers kept him pinned for the moment, giving you time to get free.

"You didn't have to do this, Hawks. You could die." You told him, concern lacing your voice. You didn't even know what to do anymore. To stay or go, and where to  go if you left.

"Just go (y/n). Get out of here and get somewhere safe." You nodded, running as fast as you could, using your quirk on your hands to speed you up even more.

"Don't you dare leave me (y/n)! Leave me and I'll kill this winged fucker!"

Those words managed to make your trip up, stopping your quirk and falling right onto your knees. "I know you still love me. No matter how much you hate it. No matter how much you hate yourself. You'll always love me. I'm all you have left. You better think about that before you go out in the city and live your life as a desperate loner, or even worse, in Tartarus."

"Don't listen to him, kid! Go!" But Dabi finally got freed from Hawks' grasp, kicking him down and slicing at him with a knife. Hawks was quick enough to dodge the attack, smacking the weapon out of Dabi's hand and out of reach.

Angrily, Dabi grabbed at Hawks' wings as they were coming back together, burning them and making the pro hero scream out in pain. The commotion managed to wake up the rest of the league, and you hurried off to the exit. But before you could leave, Toga stopped you. 

"(Y/n)? Where are you going?"

"I'm leaving." You answered, pulling away from her and reaching for the door.

"What? But you just got here! Where are you even going?" She questioned and you didn't have time for this.

"Himiko, I'm not a villain. All those people they said I killed, it was Dabi. He killed them and he's been keeping me trapped here. I don't know what to do. I don't know where to go. I just know I want to leave." You explained, feeling yourself begin to choke up, tears welling in your eyes.

"We just lost Twice. We can't lose you too. I don't care if you're a villain or not. I want you to say." Toga stopped you. You understood that the last thing she wanted while grieving right now was for another person to leave her life, but you needed to go. Before it was too late.

But it seemed that moment had passed because when you looked back, you saw Dabi and Shigaraki finishing Hawks off. You broke at the sight, having no other choice but to rush over to him.

Please. Just let me say goodbye. Let me thank him. Please.

You held onto the disintegrating winged hero's hand, pulling him away as he began to fade. "Hawks. Thank you, thank you for trying. We were so close. I'm so sorry."

"Kid, you could still go. I'm no one you should be grieving about. But for the record, my name is Keigo Takami. Someone might as well know it." He grinned at you. But it wasn't one of those public smiles, it was real. You placed a kiss on what was left of his forehead, watching as he faded away to nothing but ash and feathers, and even those faded too.

Getting your feet, you sprinted off, deciding to give it one last try. For Hawks, Shouto, and Bakugo. But most of all, for yourself.

Once they caught up with you, you attempted to fight them off, using your quirk to blast Shigaraki away, leaving you just with Dabi. You gave it all you got, using your body to blast him with Water, but it was no use. His fire had blocked it off.

You felt your body grow limp, your legs knocked out from underneath you. "You never learn, do you? Well, now you have no one to save you,  (y/n). No one but me. But it seems I'm going to have to show you.

Tears began to well up in your eyes as he grabbed your arm, forcing your body against his. With his fingers now brightly lit, he burned his name onto your collar bone, making you cry out in pain.

"There. Now everyone will know you're mine. Even you. And you'll be mine, always and forever."

(A/N: So now that I killed all ur boyfriends, it's time to begin the endings lmao

I'm making three alternative ones cause I couldn't decide on one, but hey, you get to choose!

Anyways, thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!