Chapter 1 - Part 2

Part 2-Mirror matches

In the middle of the long hallway, Lilith and Vibey made their stand. The horde of shapeshifters from both ends of the path had seen them and the attack began.

Lilith set herself in the middle, stabbed her rapier in the ground and conjured a sanctuary for the duo. With both hands empty, she focused on chanting large scale spells.

Vibey took the role of the vanguard, with her extraordinary speed, alternating both lanes would be a breeze.

Everything was set, as the monsters were closing in, they took on familiar forms.

"Lili, there it is, the guys I told you about, a bunch of you's but they look mean and scary, oh there are also a lot of me's, but I think they are missing someone" Vibey exclaimed while pointing at the upcoming hordes.

"Focus, don't hesitate, immobilise and incapacitate, go hold the left lane"

"Which left?" Vibey asked.

Channelling her mana to both hands, Lilith conjured a high stone wall on one side, blocking the enemies behind. She then started channelling for another large scale spell

"The one without the wall, that's left"

"Aye aye, Lili!" understanding her commands, Vibey readied her blades.

With quick steps, she leaped towards the enemy frontline and wreaked havoc. A dagger in her left, unleashing rapid stabs and slashes to open her attacks. Followed with a shortsword in her right, deep heavy cuts to execute staggered enemies.

"Vibey... it's me"

"You are not me"

"Stop..."

Recognizable voices echoed from the shapeshifters in front of her, but the emotion was not there. With the detection spell applied, Vibey did not hesitate to deal a blow that would kill the clones of hers and Lilith's.

However, as shapeshifters, the damage was doing none but slowing them down. A couple of them had their core destroyed by Vibey's blades by chance, but the majority of them slowly regenerated and continued pushing through.

On the other side, digging noise could be heard and the stone wall was starting to crumble. With that as her cue, Lilith quickly instructed Vibey to retreat and handle the other lane.

"Right lane!" Lilith commanded,

With a cheerful tone, Vibey replied "Aye aye!"

Once Vibey moved out of the way, Lilith unleashed a large fireball that covered the whole left lane. The monsters wiped out and the hallways scorched, but a large amount of fleshy steps could still be heard approaching.

A quick wave of her palm, she erected another stone wall to close the left lane. Large scale spells drained her mana plenty, she grabbed a blue vial from her belt and started gulping it down.

"Bleh, can you make a sweeter version of this?"

Vibey, who was currently holding off the shapeshifters that are pouring through the crack on the wall, cheerily replied.

"That's a great idea! we will need a lot of blue grass though as honey or sugar lowers the effectiveness, a high concentration may do the trick, which means more budget for me please?"

Lilith gave a smirk to her reply and started to channel another large spell.

"So.. that's a yes or a no?" Vibey asked to make sure.

Not giving her sister another glance, Lilith continued to focus on gathering mana.

"Ugh... come on, you always do this Lili, just give me a clear answer!" Vibey grunted from her sister's usual obscure answer.