Chapter 2 - Part 7

Part 7-No longer a quiet few days

Small circular oaken dinner table, the size of its surface large enough to accommodate a dinner for two, three should the diners arrange their plates carefully.

That morning, the humble table faced its greatest challenge yet. Stacks of plates and baskets cluttered the table with not even a space to lay down a spoon, each piece of fruit and bread stacked on top of each other and came together as a small breakfast hill.

Surrounding the table was not exactly the recommended amount of people to fit the diner table either.

A stoic man munching through his meal staring emptily at the window, sleepy green-haired girl absent-mindedly chewing on an apple, disgruntled guild staff member twirling his spoon around his finger, and short black-haired mage crossing her arms while staring disapprovingly at the brightly-dressed woman who was enjoying every piece of carrot from her salad.

"Not eating your breakfast darling? First meal of the day is key to healthy living. Come, eat your breakfast." Arleita asked Lilith who stared at her since she barged in and gathered all of them to sit at the small table and have breakfast together.

"Oh, don't you worry about the breakfast, it's on me, this was my idea after all. Here comes the dragon, come on now, open that dragon's lair." She continued as she picked up a piece of carrot from her salad and brought it to Lilith's face, urging her to take a bite.

"State your business for barging in early in the morning." Fully irked, Lilith demanded Arleita to tell her the reason for the first disturbance of the morning.

"Such a rush aren't you, breakfast first darling, then we will talk properly. Come on, say aa..." the branch manager replied while continuing to push the carrot towards Lilith.

Seeing that the branch manager was about to go out of the line again, Lucas took a bite of the carrot Arleita was holding and intervened.

"Lucas!" Arleita gasped with surprise.

"Lady Arleita, I believe it is simply fair for us to inform them of our intentions as we were indeed the one intruding in the first place."

"It was a reasonable approach I would say, most people I know don't mind it."

Hearing that reply, Lucas simply gave a deep sigh as he knew by 'most people', she was referring to only a handful of her close friends who knew her well. The rest of them were too scared or intimidated by Arleita's position and status to protest.

"Either way, I believe Ms. Lilith and her party deserve the reason behind this morning roll call." Lucas added as he sipped down on his soup to drown the taste of carrot from his mouth.

"Alright, now, you three, Lucas informed me that you need experts in elementals don't you?" Arleita put down her bowl of salad and rested her hands on her chin.

"Indeed, kindly note that we ask for none of this to leak out and we will need a tight-lipped specialist. Since you have our records, you know well what we do not hesitate to do." Finally feeling that the conversation was moving forward, Lilith answered the branch manager properly.

"Look no further darling, you already got one!" Lady Arleita clamoured in excitement as her grin grew wider.

Lilith was not sure by what she meant until Arleita gave her a couple winks while staring intensely at her.

Realising the meaning of her winks, Lilith immediately turned her down "Oh.. we... would like a second opinion on that one."

"Oh come on, I fit the bill ain't I? Lucas, do the thing to make her trust us." feeling disheartened, she snapped her finger to instruct Lucas on 'their thing'.