Chapter 2 - Part 5

Part 5-First day in Dwelrune

"Lilith Delkara, infamously dubbed as the 'Demoness' after excessive display of.. prowess, which led to multiple conflicts and complaints with various officials down south.

Your party members, or family, were not spared from the reports either. Virudiane 'Green' Delkara and D 'Coldheart' Delkara, also received multiple demerits after similar complaints.

However, yours, miss 'Demoness', are quite graphic in detail, and in turn, your party have been blacklisted for any quests involving bandit subjugations.

There is also an interesting footnote here; would have been eligible for Gold rank a couple years ago. Such a shame."

Lady Arleita continued as she flipped through a few clips of paper and read their adventure history.

"If I may, Lady Arleita, what are you insinuating?" Impatiently, Lilith tried to end the conversation.

"Worry not Lilith, as I mean you no harm." Arleita smiled widely to reassure her as she continued reading the files.

"I simply want to say, the adventurer's policies are quite.. constrictive, don't you think?" she continued.

"I digress Lady Arleita, with all due respect, we are doing just fine."

"There's no doubt indeed, eight year career, over 300 completed quests with a 92% success rate. A model adventurer if not for your mountain of demerits. You are doing fairly well.

But your history is of no concern to me, what I want, is you."

Again, the branch manager extended her invitation.

"My apologies Lady Arleita, I... we refuse."

Having her offer rejected, she leaned back on the sofa and let out a loud sigh at the ceiling.

"It seems that you have something in your mind and I suppose it's well founded.

But no worries, we can go back to your preferred arrangement for the time being.

But do know this, 'Demoness', my offer still stands."

"Thank you Lady Arleita, we will take your offer into consideration, now if I may, I would like to take my leave."

"Oh, I am sure you will consider my offer, Lilith Delkara"

Trying to hide her irritation, Lilith strapped the big bag back on her back and left the office.

"Stay slay darling." the branch manager said excitedly as Lilith disappeared from the doorway.

---

"It is rare to see you just letting something go." a stern voice appeared behind her sofa.

"She's sharp, and perhaps she thinks she knows what I have. To be fair, I would say she is right.

But that confidence is her downfall, she is practically telling me there's more to her than meets the eye, and Arleita Riddick always finds out."

The branch manager glanced behind her to where Lucas was standing with his posture tight.

"Get in contact with the southern border, I have a hunch."

With a silent nod, Lucas proceeded to meld back into the shadow and left the branch manager and her wide smile alone.

----

Striding along the market district, Lilith tried to not let her encounter bother her, but yet, it kept prodding her mind as she visited each stall for supplies.