Chapter 2 - Part 4

Part 4-Dwelrune branch manager

First morning bell chimed as the eastern city wall basked in golden sunlight. Up on the second floor of Siren Sisters Inn, Lilith was up and awake, crouching at the corner of the room inspecting their equipment, scribbling a few notes in a small red journal in her left.

"Both shields definitely need replacements... chipped blades..., all armour badly torn but D could fix it.." she mumbled as her eyes scanned through their gears.

A few knocks on the door and D entered with two baskets of bread in both arms.

"How's the market, D?" Lilith asked while her eyes still glued to her journal.

With a short grunt, D replied and set the bread on the table.

"I suppose Dwelrune is the western trade hub indeed, good prices all around."

The sweet smell of bread slowly filled the room, this triggered a soft growl from Lilith's belly. Following her hunger, she stood up and straightened her legs, flailing her arms in a circular motion to stretch it around as her stomach led the way.

"You know me well D.

Grains are much more filling and better food to start the day, but nah, our friend of the forest prefers fruits, good for morning she says.

I mean yeah, she is like two sizes bigger, but no, that's not the point here, it just does not fill the stomach."

She rambled on as each piece of bread disappeared into her mouth with each bite.

Chomping through her breakfast, her complaints stopped short as her eyes drifted through the occupied bed, where Vibey still lay unconscious.

Her portion of dinner was still by her end table untouched, she had yet to show any signs of waking up.

Letting out a short sigh, she lay her bread on the table and inched her seat closer to Vibey's bed. Stretching out her clean left hand unstained by breadcrumbs, resting it on Vibey's forehead.

Softly, she ran her fingers through her green bangs and patted her head back and forth before inching down to her cheeks. It felt warm in her palm as she pressed her hand softly to feel it closer.

A pat on her shoulder broke her worrying gaze as D already finished his share of breakfast.

"Yer right, I need to get ready.

Here, give your list one last check before I go. I need to slip into something more presentable."

Hurriedly, she let go of her hand and went back to crouching in front of their gears, handing over her journal she left on the floor before scrambling through the travel bag for her non-adventuring clothes.

D received the journal with a nod and attentively went through what he had written last night, cross-checking the checklist with their armors.

"All good rocky?"

Lilith patted her brother on the back to gain his attention, unlike her usual look with the dark crimson robe, cotton shirt and thin leather armour, she was now dressed up in a simple top and short shorts, her trusty rapier on her left and a decent sized bag with their salvageable metal equipment inside.

One thing about her look was still the same though, her straight hair went down only to her shoulder with the right side of her back hair tied together while still leaving the left part fluttering freely, highlighting small round blue earrings dangling from both of her ears. An asymmetrical choice of hair style, but she could not bring herself to tie up the other side, not until she finished her promise to herself.

D replied with a nod and returned the journal which Lilith took and put alongside the other items she was bringing with her for her errands.

"Keep an eye on her, I will be back as soon as I can"

With a grunt, D pulled a stool and sat beside Vibey's bed as Lilith headed out to take care of business.