Chapter 1 - Part 5

Part 5-Monsters for monsters

"Lulu, I need your help" Vibey whispered to herself, a sound inside immediately replies.

"Vivi, finally, let's teach these nasties what the wind can do and tear them from limb to limbs for each wound they inflicted and rip them apart a new-"

"Lulu" Vibey cut the voice's rambling short, "It's alright, I am fine, I just need enough power to get through them"

"Are you sure you don't want to fully unleash our power? We can easily mince them to bits." The small voice asked.

Vibey paused for a moment before giving her reply.

"Yes, otherwise, our demoness would be all over my ear later"

"Booo... but well, anything for you Vivi" Lulu gave in, and in turn, Vibey slowly felt the energy enveloping her.

Lulu, a wind elemental, bound to Vibey when she was young. Elementals usually connect with humans through elemental contracts. The elementals will provide power and control over their associated elements while the contractor lets them sap their mana. But in their case, their circumstances were different.

A blink, that was how long the calm was, once it was over, the shapeshifters began their assault. The chimaera charged in first, but D did the same and met it head to head. Though whis clash was different from a moment ago.

His usual blank and empty stare, shared with rigid and stoic facial expression, was nowhere to be seen. Instead, his expression was what you would see in a beast, when instinct fully takes over and raw power is all you need.

His skin slowly darkened and shifted to marbled grey, a quick glance and he would look like a marble statue, but more than that, he was like a moving and living work of art.

With both strength and endurance matched, the chimaera and D exchange blows. A flurry of punches hit hard and fast against the monsters heads and legs. In return, a torment of scratches and bites sunk into D's skin. Both of them were unflinched by any damage they have inflicted and received.

However, with D occupied, the smaller shapeshifters caught up and began a pincer attack. To reply, Vibey and Lillith splitted up to each side and faced them head on.

A short breath, followed by a deep one. Lilith could feel her blood boil, a part of her she has inherited, and possibly the last of her lineage. Another deep huff and her skin slowly turned bright red, a dim glow, and it darkened to crimson red.

Down to her veins she felt a surging energy, as if there was an unlimited pool of mana within her coupled with the vigour to unleash through anyone standing in front of her. She planted her feet, steadied her breath, and tightened her right grip where her rapier was.

The first major attack came from Lillith, with a short cast, she conjured flameblast. A low tier, wide range flame attack that engulfed the whole backline with flame.

Commonly a low tier spell to scare off or finish off numerous weak enemies, her now enhanced mana pool and spell potency boosted the damage greatly.

Half of the burnt enemies were down, nothing but ashes, but their number did not seem to dwindle. Though, she paid no heed as the spell had done its work.

Their back line lit up with fire, either from their burning bodies or scorching corpses. The flame was bright and gave away their position, which in turn allowed Vibey to start rampaging through.

She slipped into the horde of enemies, untouched. With improved physical attributes and gusts of wind surrounding her, she slashed every enemy she touched into pieces while avoiding any attack the monsters attempted.