Chapter 2 - Part 6

Part 6-A quiet few days

"It is dinnertime you dolt"

Lilith replied as she approached Vibey and squished her cheeks hard with both palms.

"Ouch, cut it Lili, I am eating my breakfast" Vibey struggled as Lilith intensified her grip with an increasingly rigid expression on her face.

"I said, it is dinnertime you dolt"

"Right! Right! I am eating dinner, and good evening Lili"

After getting what she wanted to hear, Lilith gave Vibey's soft cheeks one hard pinch before letting her go.

"So, how are you feeling, Vibey? Are you feeling okay? Anything weird? You need to eat more for tonight"

"Stop that sis, your attention still scares me sometimes"

A bit distraught and annoyed, Vibey retorted with an irked muff.

Feeling the disregard in Vibey's words, Lilith quickly responded.

"What do you mean scares you, I am totally worried, do you even understand what happened to you and how much worry you have caused?"

"Oh come on, I just woke up, I am hungry and eating dinner, and you are still telling me to get dinner like, what exactly do you want me to do?

"What I want is for you to be well, and yesterday you definitely did not show any of that. Did you know how reckless and haphazard you were in our last mission, you would have died if my barrier was not up."

"I was being careful, it was just one glancing blow, love tap, hurt me none. As you can see, my body is all fine, no bruises, no cuts, still looking soft and supple."

"Love tap? Your body rolled like a few metres high and crashed next to me, how was that a love tap? I swear I am gonna-"

Before Lilith could say anything further, D slowly lifted her by her scruff, leaving her hovering slightly in the air. The same happens to Vibey as he is having her hang by his left hand.

Both of them looked at D, he was not expressing anything, but they knew he was not feeling very pleasant about their bout and wanted the two of them to stop.

Lilith apologised first with a deep sigh.

"Vibey, I am sorry, I am very worried about you and things have been a bit tiring."

In response, Vibey also sighed as she spoke.

"Me too, I should have been careful and be more vigilant, sorry for making you worry."

Once the two sisters finished apologising to each other, D slowly put them down on their bedroom floor and returned to the table, eating his portion of dinner.

"By the way Lili, do you know what happened to Lulu? She is not responding to me at all" Vibey asked with worry in her mind, as she hoped at least her sister knew what happened to her best friend.

"I am afraid I can't help with that, I tried checking and she seems to be dormant for some reason, but I can still feel her strongly resonating within you."

"It means she is still here right?" Vibey asked further.

"At the very least, yes, she is there, just not responding."

Hearing that her friend was at least okay, she sighed in relief, though her concern was still up in the air with Lulu's current state.

"Then, what should we do? We know that Lulu's case is very unusual and we can't just ask around about this." Still, Vibey felt uneasy about Lulu's condition and she implored Lilith to find a way to help the wind elemental.