Chapter 2 - Part 2

Part 2-Fix'n'Stitch

It has been quite some time since they left Dwelrune for Beginner's Cave, it was early in the morning, and now, looking up at the sky, it should be another hour before dinner.

As they dragged their feet towards the market district, they could see lampposts on the roadside lit up one by one. A man in bright blue tunic, possibly a town official, was going through the magitech lampposts and powering up the manastones.

The street slowly brightened to contrast the setting sun and greet the flickering stars, yet the hustle and bustle of the market district lived up the atmosphere even more.

Food stalls lining up left and right, selling various different types of snacks and meals. In between the stalls, they could also see a few stores open, mostly bars, taverns, and other entertainment platforms for the night strollers.

No time to sightsee for them though, as they went through the district, their eyes were glued to the right side of the road; searching for a shop with a wrench sign.

A few minutes into the district, they saw a shop with its storefront wide open. No door, no wall, just the whole workshop open to the world.

Above the nonexistent storefront, a large sign with a wrench icon was hanging stiff, accompanied side by side by small lamps, illuminating the text written below the wrench.

Fix'n'Stitch

This was it, the store Marlie recommended.

Inside was a young woman sitting on a stool, a small hammer in hand and weird eight-eyed glasses on her face, furiously bashing a metal stove while a concerned short bearded man was looming over her, probably worried from how hard she was hitting the stove.

"Aight Bob, dents all gone, let it rinse and you can go back to cooking the next batch o' corn soup in no time"

The woman stopped bashing and gave the stove a quick look, then threw it into a basin of water next to her.

Bob, the bearded man, stroked his bushy chin with a hint of concern and disbelief.

"Uh.. you sure about that Zyma? I may be no fixer, not gonna take your job here, but just bashing and cleaning shouldn't fix it just like that.

I mean, it exploded like hell, corn everywhere."

With a confident smile, the woman replied,

"Gave it a quick look when a'had my hammer, don't worry 'bout that, just soot and starch clogging up the circuits. Those parts cleaned up and should be working all fine. Just needa bang up the nicks and dents.

You really need to clean your stuff more often ya kno."

"Hah, got no time for that with customers all lined up for my specialties, hahahaha!"

Proudly, the man gave a hearty laugh while slapping the stained yellowish apron on his chest.

"Well, ain't serving customers now with yer stove here no?" she replied.

Realising the situation, the man stopped laughing and scratched his smooth scalp.

"Uh.. so, can I grab the stove now?"

"Sure do, go get the bread Bob, I will send the note tomorrow, as usual"

"Appreciated Zyma"

After thanking her, the man immediately grabbed the wet stove and made a run for it, presumably back to his stall where the customers were waiting.

"Make sure the stove's dry before you turn it on Bob!" Zyma shouted as the stall owner rushed back to his store.