Chapter 2 - Part 3

Part 3-Side quest

A short stride from the workshop, the trio found themselves standing in front of an apothecary, the one Zyma mentioned about.

"Here, buy what we need, I will head to the guild to report our quest, meet you back at the inn."

Untying the money pouch from her pack, Lilith handed it to her brother. With a nod, D received it and went inside.

Lilith on the other hand, was holding onto a different pouch, a medium sized bag that contained identifications and miscellaneous items that might be used to identify the departed and hopefully, counted towards the quest bonus.

The next objective on her list was reaching the adventurer's guild and filing her report. Unfamiliar with East Dwelrune however, the first thing to look for would be the district announcement board which should have the map of the city.

---

Treading her path through the brightly lit main road, she made her way to Dwelrune Plaza, the area where most main offices were located; specifically, Dwelrune branch adventurer's guild.

The building was grand and well-lit, some peddlers could be seen hanging around the entrance while a few well-equipped individuals came and went through the gate. A busy scenery for the current time of day.

As Lilith entered the guild, her stride was slow as she racked her head on how the report should be conveyed.

There were too many anomalies that brought her party to near end, and not just once, which was a given as the quest details were indeed scarce and recon was one of their main objectives.

Bringing her fingers up as she walked, she counted their injuries and resources used and calculated the risk-reward to negotiate a better deal after all they had gone through.

"Good evening, how may I help, adventurer?"

A soft voice snapped her out of mathematics as she realised her legs had brought her just a few inches before the receptionist desks.

The woman sitting behind the table was primly uniformed and flashing a warm courtesy smile, one that brought brief moments of peace for the adventurers who often faced life-threatening challenges in their days.

"Lilith, Silver rank, I would like to report a quest.."

Lilith gave another pause as she had yet to decide on how she would report the debacle. Too much uncertainty and unexplained happenstances.

"..and a side quest" she made her choice.

The receptionist lady kept her smile and warm gaze, but her tone and mannerism shifted stiff.

Understandingly, 'side quest' is nothing but mere ruse, a code word for higher ranking adventurers to report information that can only be conveyed under the table, and directly to whom it may concern.

Just like the constables constricting intelligence from the guild, the adventurers retaliate by shrouding information of their own.

"Understood, may I know what does the side quest entails?"

The receptionist asked again to affirm Lilith's intention.

"Nothing much, just a report"

With that, the receptionist confirmed Lilith's intention. Accordingly, she rustled the papers next to her desk and pulled out a small black ledger.

"Would you be available on the third morning bell tomorrow?" The lady asked as she scribbled a few notes in the small book.

"Yes"