Virtuous Patience

The light streamed in, peeping through the curtains, casting a bright glow around the room where two figures stayed entwined in bed. The golden shimmer smiled down at the couple as Hyun Bin stirred from his deep sleep.

For a moment, he was reminded of the time they made a weekend getaway to the beach. He still remembered the peaceful tranquil waves in the background with the sun rays shining down on them, lulling them awake. The sun this morning was exactly like that of their time on the beach.

Slowly, Hyun Bin breathed in deeply, taking in his love's familiar floral scent; a mixture of peonies, yuzu flowers, orchids and musk.

It's another brand new day.

With Ye Jin in his arms, Hyun Bin felt warm all over. That warmth emitted from his heart, and not from the golden rays that was soaking the material with amiable heat. 

Under the sun rays, Ye Jin's eyelashes cast a slight shadow under her eyes while the rest of its rays illuminated her porcelain-like skin. Ye Jin's naturally pinkish-red lips were in a slight pout as she breathed rhythmically, still deep in her dreamland.

What a sight to wake up to.

There was never a day that would go by without Hyun Bin waking up and sleeping to a single thread of thought.

I am the luckiest man alive.

That thought was quickly interrupted by the vibration of his phone, indicating an incoming call. That's strange...he didn't usually get calls this early. There must be an urgent matter to settle. Ye Jin was woken by the ringing and Hyun Bin looked at her apologetically as he picked up the call.

"Yeoboseyo?" Hyun Bin answered.

Ye Jin slowly rubbed her eyes as Hyun Bin listened intently to the call next to her, his frown deepening with each passing second. She knew that something was very wrong instantly when Hyun Bin hung up the phone and cursed softly.

"Jagiya, what's wrong?" Ye Jin nuzzled her head against Hyun Bin's chest.

"There's a problem over at VAST. I'll have to head over in a while." Hyun Bin sought peace from Ye Jin as he trailed his hand over her arm gently.

"It sounds serious, love. Will you be okay?" Ye Jin peeped up at him in concern.

"I hope so." Hyun Bin sighed softly.

It was crazy how a peaceful morning could be stripped away from him with just one call. He foresees a busy day over at VAST. And to think he wanted to spend the day with his beautiful angel. 

"Well, you should get dressed. The matter sounds urgent." Ye Jin patted Hyun Bin's cheek lovingly.

"Ah, I will, but before that...can I get a morning kiss?" Hyun Bin puckered his lips playfully.

Ye Jin giggled before she planted a kiss on his lips; just a quick peck before she swung herself off the bed and made a run for it.

Hyun Bin grinned at Ye Jin before following after her. Ye Jin could be such a tease sometimes...She didn't get far from the bed before Hyun Bin caught her in his arms again, eliciting a bout of giggles from her.

"Don't think you can get away that easy." Hyun Bin teased, his voice attractively deeper after a good night's rest.

"Tae Pyung, let go of me!" Ye Jin giggled.

The giggles died on her lips the minute he turned her to face him and they were lost in each other's gaze again. 

They often did that.