Mad Mistake

Song for the chapter: 消失的昨天(Vanished yesterday) by Hua Chen Yu

P.S. For those who don't know Mandarin, don't worry. Pretty sure you can feel the emotions regardless of whether you know the language. For those who do, extra hugs to you! The feels for this song is unreal😭😭😭 Oh, I haven't said this in a while but PREPARE TISSUES PLEASE!

❦❦❦

"What's wrong, Eon Jin? Are you hurt?" Hyun Bin checked Ye Jin over for any injuries.

"We need to talk, Tae Pyung." Ye Jin said in a solemn voice

The man swallowed nervously at those four words. The four words that everyone warned him about over the years. Usually, when those four words were strung together, it wasn't good news. Judging from Ye Jin's seriousness, Hyun Bin had a feeling they were right. This can't be anything good.

"Arasseoyo. As long as you're okay. What do you want to talk about, love." Hyun Bin sat down next to Ye Jin, carefully formulating his response.

All this while, his mind was racing as he thought back to the past few days. Did he do anything to upset her? He was sure they were in a good place. The closest he could think of was the night his friends came over but they resolved that, didn't they?

"Jagiya, you didn't do anything wrong. There's just something we need to discuss." Ye Jin's voice cut through his panicked thoughts.

Hyun Bin relaxed slightly when he looked into Ye Jin's eyes. But, he was still tense when he noted down the fear and hesitation in her eyes. All he wanted to do was hug her and chase all her fears away.

"I'm listening, Eon Jin." Hyun Bin said seriously as he took her hand to soothe her.

"I-I'm worried." Ye Jin finally summoned up the courage to tell him the truth.

"Did something happen?" Hyun Bin fussed immediately.

"It's just...I came across some articles and one of them was about you. It was when you hurt your back while filming your movie." Ye Jin's eyes were teary now as she looked at him.

Hyun Bin frowned at her tears, still not quite understanding what was going on. It wasn't as though Ye Jin didn't know about his injuries. It was common for actors to sustain some mild injuries when filming stunt work. It was high-intensive and required a great deal of athleticism. Even the legends themselves have hurt themselves when filming such scenes. But, there were always safety measures set in stone to minimise injuries on set.

"Love, I know you have two movies coming up and that you will want to do your own stunts again. But I'm scared. Do you really have to do them yourself?" Ye Jin got to the crux of the situation.

Perhaps the articles scared her. Perhaps she was simply shaken from the storm. But, that didn't erase the fact that she was afraid. It didn't change the fact that now, every time Hyun Bin goes to film for his stunts, she would be overcome with worry. Even just thinking about that had her blood running cold.

"Love, I thought you understood." Hyun Bin shook his head disappointedly.

He never thought that they would ever be having such a conversation. After all, Ye Jin was an actress too. She of all people should be able to grasp the sacrifices they have to make for the good of a production.

"I do but surely it wouldn't be the end of the world if you had a stunt double? I have them too." Ye Jin wasn't backing down now.

"Look, Eon Jin. I train on a daily basis for them so that I won't injure my muscles. I pay close attention to the scenes so that I wouldn't be putting myself through unnecessary risks. Injuries may happen but nothing major has happened to me yet. Can't you trust my abilities?" Hyun Bin's voice was getting louder now.