Mindful Manners

I have to thank cmpotter for the nightly brainstorming sessions that inspired a part of this chapter. Thank you CM dear! I am lucky to have you as a big sis! And I've enjoyed bouncing ideas with you too! BIG BRAIN RIGHT THERE!❤️

This chapter is also dedicated to my twinnie rulesthegalaxy , ravenmague and a few others who have been holding the fort tirelessly to defend humanity. Please take a well-deserved break from everything.

Important author's note at the end!

Song for the chapter: Like You by So Soo Bin and SOHEE (wait for the cue!)

❦❦❦

"Love, hand me the salt!" Ye Jin called out to Hyun Bin.

Hyun Bin automatically grabbed the bottle of salt and handed it over to Ye Jin, his other hand busy seasoning the potatoes.

Side by side in the kitchen, Ye Jin and Hyun Bin were preparing for the dinner. The sizzling sounds coming from the pan Ye Jin was cooking her special pasta sauce in, and the occasional chopping sounds coming from Hyun Bin as he whipped up the potato salad gave their apartment a homely vibe.

They both had a productive morning and Ye Jin was less stressed out now that she was making good progress with her scripts. Hyun Bin has been learning his lines for his upcoming filming and Ye Jin has been helping him as well.

Now that the C7 girls were coming over soon, they have completely let go of work and were focused on their task. Well...it wasn't so much of a task since cooking was one of the hobbies they enjoyed doing together. It has been a while since they cooked together.

As they cooked, the speaker on the countertop was blasting their shared playlist of songs. Finally, a familiar light-hearted, upbeat tune filled the kitchen space and the couple immediately jammed to the OST.

(Cue like you)

"Because I'm thinking of you, I'm closing my eyes. I can see you so clearly, so I'm smiling." Hyun Bin echoed the male soloist, spinning the salt shaker as he seasoned the potato salad again.

Ye Jin's eyes were smiling at her man as she swayed to the upbeat guitar tunes.

"Even when my head is down low, my heart explodes, I can't hide it." Hyun Bin continued singing, winking at Ye Jin.

"The sunshine that was the same feels especially warm today. Should I go outside? Should I start to daydream?" Ye Jin sang in response to Hyun Bin, nodding her head along to the music.

Hyun Bin laughed as he grabbed Ye Jin's waist, planting a kiss on the side of her head.

"Tomorrow and the day after, I'm sure it won't be different. But you're here." Ye Jin giggled as she sang, her heart fluttering like a billion butterflies from the tender kiss.

"I wanna walk with you. I want to know this feeling. With a small voice that just touches you, I want to let you hear me." The two sang together, Hyun Bin's deep tenor a perfect blend to Ye Jin's sweet high notes.

As the song continued, the lovebirds had a good laugh together as they twirled around the kitchen, spatulas in their hands before they leaned against the countertop, laughing with their heads bent together.

"Omo! The sauce!" Ye Jin exclaimed as she rushed over to stir the sauce again.

Still giddy with happiness, the couple continued on with their preparations for dinner with all smiles and laughter.