Divine Reconciliation

It was in the early morning when both Cupid and Odium staggered into the apartment again. Odium had a split lip from the Titan's punch last night while Cupid was absolutely drained from being interrogated by The Fates. The natural enemies glared at each other. Emotions were tense after what happened with the fated ones. Cupid was bent on reconciliation while Odium was focused on his mission.

"I don't know how you did it, but I hate you for it." Cupid spat out.

"That's expected." Odium intoned.

"I won't forgive you if they break up." Cupid threatened.

"We were never civil to begin with, Cupid. We're not even friends. Why would I care about your forgiveness?" Odium pointed out.

Touché.

Yet, Cupid found himself pouting because deep down, he thought of the dark God as a dear friend.

It was at this point that the Gods found themselves in front of the master bedroom. To their surprise, peals of laughter could be heard from behind the door.

Walking into the room, it was confirmed that the couple were indeed laughing together. Did the argument make them a little cuckoo or have they made up already?

On the bed, Ye Jin and Hyun Bin were leaning into each other as they laughed, their laughter unique to them. It was a laugh that could be seen in their eyes from their unrestrained mirth. It was a laugh that sounded from within, coming from deep within their hearts. 

With Ye Jin's eye smile and Hyun Bin's dimples on full show, any heart would have melted at their blissful happiness.

But what happened?

Before the crack of dawn, both Ye Jin and Hyun Bin were already awake. Well...they hardly slept in the first place. After their tears had subsided, both did try to get some sleep but it was difficult. They would have tossed and turned if it wasn't for the fact that they were both aware of each other. So, they simply kept still as they tried to get some sleep.

Despite how tired they were already from the previous night and from the emotional session, neither of them could sleep knowing they have hurt each other. Instead, a myriad of thoughts was running through their heads as they tried to process what happened.

Step by step, they walked through the argument in their heads, flinching at the harsh words exchanged, squeezing their eyes tight at the hurt they inflicted on each other. The pain in their heart came like tidal waves, stealing away their sleep as they tried to get rid of the ache in their hearts.

The room has never been colder. Their hearts have never been this shattered. Neither of them could remember the last time they fought like this. Have they ever?

Finally, at the crack of dawn, Hyun Bin sat up and looked over at Ye Jin, who was already staring back at him with tired eyes.

"Did you manage to sleep at all?" Hyun Bin's deep tenor broke the tense silence.

The rustling of blankets could be heard as Ye Jin sat up as well before she shook her head sadly. Judging from how haggard Hyun Bin looked, he didn't sleep much either. Did last night really happen or was it all just a horribly twisted nightmare?

"Mianhae." They both said at the same time before shock crossed their features.

Why was he/she apologising?

It was simple. They were both incredibly sorry about everything that went down last night.

Ye Jin was apologising for cornering him with her words. She recognised that she was indeed being pushy about the whole stunt double notion.