Boundless Perseverance

"Cupid." Hermes was next to the sleeping God now as he tried to wake him.

"Mmm. On it." Cupid waved Hermes away sleepily, before turning over to the other side.

Huffing in frustration, Hermes shouted right into Cupid's ear, giving the God a rude awakening.

"Ahh!" Cupid fell off the tree he was sleeping in.

Opening up his wings, Cupid barely managed to save himself from landing on his face and he flew up, completely unimpressed. "What was that for?!"

"You weren't waking up!" Hermes defended himself.

"Why are you here, Hermes. It's way too early!" Cupid whined.

"I have a letter from The Fates."

"Ugh, those old hags are haunting me even in the mortal realm. What now?"

"See for yourself, Cupid. I'll be off now." Hermes slapped the letter into Cupid's hands before he disappeared.

Grumbling underneath his breath, Cupid didn't realise Odium was behind him as he read the letter.

Cupid! This is an emergency! The fated ones are in trouble. Come and find us ASAP!

"What's that?" Odium asked, startling Cupid as he turned to look at Odium incredulously. What was with today? Why do Gods keep sneaking up on him like that?

"You scared me!" Cupid shouted.

"I didn't do anything!" Odium held up his hands in mock surrender.

Cupid narrowed his eyes at Odium before he shrugged and turn away from him.

"Is that from Mount Olympus?" Odium pointed at the letter.

"Unfortunately. The Fates claim that the fated ones are in trouble. Are they really? They are completely fine." Cupid looked over at the window pointedly.

Ye Jin and Hyun Bin were smiling at each other as they usually did when they woke from their slumber. Occasionally, they would lean their foreheads together, gaze at each other lovingly or nuzzle their noses affectionately against each other. They were two souls perfectly in love. What emergency could there be?

"Well if The Fates say it's bad then there's reason to be worried. Are you going back to Mount Olympus now?" Odium reasoned.

"I don't have a choice." Cupid pouted.

"Can I come?"

"What? Why would you want to willingly meet The Fates? I'm telling you, they are the most annoying lot I have ever met! Especially Atropos. She can never stop glaring at me or shaking those death scissors of hers at me!" Cupid complained loudly akin to a child complaining to his mum about a classmate cutting his queue.

"I want to help." Odium ignored Cupid's disgruntled whining.

Pursing his lips, Cupid shook his head and grabbed onto Odium. "Don't say I didn't warn you, old friend." With that, they were gone from the mortal realm.

❦❦❦

In Mount Olympus

Three figures stood rooted to their designated spots with matching furrowed brows on their faces as they worked the threads of life. The tension was so thick that one could slice it with a butter knife.

"Where is he?" Lachesis muttered impatiently.

Snap!

The Fates let out a collective sigh as Atropos snipped away the thread that just broke from the loom. Suddenly, in the silence, a yelp could be heard as three heads snapped up to survey their interruption.