Chapter Three- A New Feeling

Kylo arrived back at his chambers after a long two hour walk around the Death Star. He took a calming breath and opened the door. Rey was sat on the green sofa lost in thought. She was jerked out of her trance when the door fell shut again.

"Ben!" she said startled. The girl stood up. "Where have you been? You've been gone for hours!"

"Nowhere." Kylo replied.

He hadn't removed his eyes from Rey.

She was wearing her new clothes; some black trousers and a sleeveless black top. A belt was attached to her waist and she had put on a pair of leather boots. Her bands were still tied around her wrists and her hair was in the same messy three buns. But she looked so different, good different.

"The clothes fit then" he acknowledged.

"They do. Although, black is not the colour I should be wearing."

"It's three hours until food will arrive for dinner. The Supreme Leader wishes that we have something in common to pass the time with. Do you have any suggestions?"

"Where did these paintings come from?" she said, moving over to a picture on the wall. Kylo followed her.

"Everywhere we go, one of our ships have sighted something great, these are memories of it. The light is not the only side who wants to remember amazing things of the galaxy."

"Since I have new clothes and apparently, I have to stay here for a while, do you think helping me sort out my room is something we have in common?" Rey said, trying to predict whether the man would say yes or no.

"My orders are to do exactly that. So yes", said Kylo.

"Thanks" Rey tried to smile. "By the way, I know I feel at home in this heat, but I know you don't, so you can take your mask off if you want. I don't mind." Said Rey, even she wouldn't want to be wearing that thing in this temperate.

"You start in your room" he said and walked off down the corridor into his own bedroom.

Rey sighed. Was he coming back?

***

Kylo was in his room. It was a little larger than Rey's. His bed was around a corner that was a built-in wardrobe block painted navy blue, like his walls. A stand for his mask and for Darth Vader's mask was next to his bed. Random clothing was thrown over chairs and a holder for Ren's lightsaber hung on the wall.

Kylo took off his mask. He was sweating a lot underneath it. He washed his face, took off his cloak and paused for a moment.

There was a ladder on one side of the room, it led up to a little inside balcony where there was a desk and a door leading to a bathroom. The desk was scattered with pieces of paper, they all had marvellous drawings on them that Kylo had done himself, some were not finished.

Kylo climbed up the ladder swiftly and searched through the papers. He found the one that he had been working on last night. He picked it up and wondered at it, there was something that had urged him to make this.

Suddenly there was a loud bang. Kylo jumped down from the ladder and ran out of the door, forgetting completely about his mask and cloak.

***

Rey's bedroom door was wide open, and she was stood in the middle of the floor next to an overturned bedside table.

"What are you doing?" said Kylo, not completely surprised. His voice was no longer muffled from his mask.