Chapter Seventeen

The darkness was overwhelming. Bars surrounded Rey, she felt trapped. Palpatine had captured her using her moment of weakness in Leia's death as a distraction. The pain had connected with Ben on different levels, so much that he had fainted from the shock and hurt. She didn't know how long they had been in there, her guess was no more than a couple of minutes, but still the darkness filled her mind.

The cell had rock walls and two stone rectangles that looked like beds, there was gloom at the back and on the wall, it looked like there was some sort of dry liquid smeared across it, Rey's guess: blood. As soon as she was let go off and thrown onto the solid ground, the girl had ignored the pain and hurried over to Ben whose face was just visible in the shadow. As Rey scrambled, a foul laugh of evil filled the air and the emperor's voice echoed through the blackness.

"Here you will rot my dear Granddaughter, until you come to your senses and strike me down, taking my soul inside of your body and finishing what the Sith have always dreamed of."

Hooking her hands around his armpits, Rey dragged Ben over to one of the beds, hauling his muscular body onto the rock. Dust was picked up along the way and the girl could have sworn she heard some sort of rodent slither across the corners of the room.

"Ben" she whispered.

"Ben."

She stroked his hair out of his eyes and ran the back of her knuckles down his scar, there was no doubt that Palpatine had been the one to send Lillia that night, he had wanted to test Kylo's strength, in doing so he had killed Kylo Ren, and revived Ben Solo. The man that Rey was holding was Ben Solo, he was home.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A few day later...

Ben's eyes blurred open. he was met with darkness, gloom that he should have known by now, but did not recognise. He sat up. He was lying on some kind of stone block. He could feel cold air all around him, but he seemed to be warm. Ben looked down, Rey was next to him, she had her back pressed against his front and was asleep as she held one of his hands in her own. Without even thinking Ben wrapped his other arm around her waist and pulled her closer, she moved her head automatically into his chest. She hadn't woken, but he could see dry trails of warm tears on her innocent face that lead him to believe he was lying there because of her. They both seemed covered in dust, the past events came back to Ben. Had he really fainted? Why... his mother.

Why had he felt the pain of her passing, well, he knew why, he was her son, and the thing was, he didn't feel any Kylo Ren inside of himself, only Solo. The pain had been him and Leia, but a nagging feeling sensed that another felt the same, one that had already seen heaps of sorrows. Luke. Not only that, but Ben knew where his uncle was, his location that he had been trying to find for years, that probably meant Luke knew where he was, that might not be a terrible thing. Looking at Rey, Ben realised that he would do anything for the girl, even if it meant facing Luke after all these years.

Suddenly, Ben felt a squirm from Rey. She wriggled around to face the man. Her eyes flickered open slowly. Ben let a small smile grace his face, Rey grinned.

"You're awake. It's been days" she whispered.

"Stating the obvious, are we?" he whispered back, jokingly.

Rey giggled a little. Then her face saddened, and she looked deep into his eyes.

"What's going to happen, Ben?" she asked. "How are we going to get out."

Ben signed and pulled Rey into a hug.

"We'll find a way" he answered.

He felt her heart drop against his chest. As he lifted her chin their eyes locked.