Chapter Four- The Force Senses All

Kylo Ren and Rey sat opposite each other on the long table. Rey had buttered some bread and was currently halfway through it. Kylo had not touched anything and was leaving Rey to eat while he had locked eyes with a particularly juicy looking pear.

"You can have the pear if you want" said Rey, studying Ren's face.

"I have no need for that" said Kylo.

"What are you going to eat then?" she said.

"I don't need to eat" said Kylo.

"What? Of course, you do. What do you mean?" asked Rey.

"I mean, I don't need to eat" said Ren.

"Yes, you do. I didn't see you eat breakfast this morning, and now you're not eating now, we didn't have lunch, when are you going to eat today?" she asked.

"I'm not going to eat. I have no need for food at the moment. I haven't in days" said Kylo.

"How many days?" asked Rey.

"Almost five" said Kylo.

"Five!" said Rey, putting down her food. "Ben, what do you mean?"

He didn't answer.

"Its because of your father, isn't it?" said Rey.

Kylo looked up at her.

"Ben?"

"The force scenes all. Two days before Han Solo's death it sent me a sign that something big would happen soon. It put me off food, when I finally found out what the big thing was, I did not feel like eating again." Kylo spoke.

"You have to eat" said Rey, handing the man the pear. Kylo looked at it and set it down on the table.

"Ben, there is war happing at this very moment, and you play a significant role in it. You need to eat and I am going to make you eat. I care not for Kylo Ren, but for Ben solo I do." Rey said.

"You're right" said Kylo.

"I didn't expect that" said Rey.

"No, I mean you're right about the war. It has always been the force that began it, to end it will also be the force" Kylo said and stood up.

"I will make you take my hand and join me to end all of this. At dawn tomorrow meet me outside my door. I will end this."

Kylo strode out of the room without a look behind him.

***

Dawn was on the horizon; Rey had slept the few hours she had and was changed out of Ben's Jedi clothes and into her new ones. She still didn't support the idea of wearing the colour black, it was what the First Order wore.

She was just pulling her door closed behind her and turning around when she heard a noise at the front door. Rey kept close to the wall and peered around the corner.

Kylo was there. He had one forearm against the wall and was leaning in with his head lowered. He looked like he wanted to destroy everything in sight, of course he couldn't, not with Rey in the next room.

"Ben?" Rey said quietly.

Kylo's head came up quicker than a lightsaber ignited.

"Rey. What are you doing its not dawn yet" he said, trying to calm his surprise.

"It is almost" she said, moving closer. Quite frankly at this moment Kylo looked quite terrifying. It looked like he had thrown his mask on the floor after he had come back in the door from wherever he had been.