Chapter Eighteen- Red, Blue, Green - Our Last Hope

Chapter Eighteen- Red, Blue, Green- Our Last Hope

Rey was taken back to her cell carefully, the emperor had ordered that extra care should be applied to her stay, she knew why. She could hardly breathe. Was Palpatine telling the truth? Had he taken life from Ben and herself? Did that mean that... no... could she really be having a baby? Now that Rey thought about it, she had been feeling weird, lightheaded almost, her stomach had been sore, and she had almost thrown up twice. But she thought this was all because of how much she had been fighting lately, and how ill she had felt when Leia died, but she was wrong. She was very wrong.

"I can't tell him" she thought as she was walked back to her cell. "I should... but I can't... no... not now." Rey argued with herself until Ben was in sight. He stood, watching for Rey to return. She was locked up again and they were left alone. Rey went to sit down on one of the beds, Ben followed her but did not sit down, he looked down at her. After a moment of silence and pulling herself together, Rey looked up.

Ben eyes were soft and full of want and longing, he didn't break his gaze at the girl.

"Did he hurt you?" he said in his deep voice, it was gentle.

"No" Rey replied, her voice breaking "But he-"

"You're so beautiful" Ben said suddenly, he looked like he was in a trance from staring at her beauty.

"I am?" said Rey, smiling.

"You are" he responded.

"Why are you saying this?" she asked.

Ben reached out his hand, not like he had done when he was Kylo Ren, but so that she could place her hand in his. Rey did just that. Ben pulled her up as his hand, so big compared to hers, he let go of her hand and placed his arms around her waist, pulling her closer. Rey was surprised, but she loved it, she loved him.

"You were gone a while" he began out of nowhere, his eyes never leaving hers. "I was scared, terrified that you wouldn't come back." Rey was even more surprised; did he just admit that he was scared? "Now I realise, that if you had gone a second longer, if I hadn't felt the force still live inside you, I wouldn't have survived either. I don't want to lose you; I want you to stay with me forever."

His head moved lower, his eyes on her lips. Rey couldn't break his gaze; she didn't want to. Her hand came up to his head and her fingers brushed through his smooth hair, her other hand came up traced her fingers down his scar and then over the tiny bristles on his chin. When she moved one of her hands down to his chest, she felt how muscular he was, how strong, she cupped her other hand around his cheek, then it was her turn for her head to move closer. Their lips met in perfect harmony, pressed together for as long as was possible. Ben lips where soft, and Rey's yearning. When they pulled apart, Rey saw a sight that she had only seen in her dreams, Ben smiled, his eyes opened. A grin spread across Rey's face. They both brought their heads in again and rested their foreheads against each other's.

"Ben, I need to tell you something" whispered Rey.

"Anything" Ben whispered into her ear.

He could feel her heart beating wildly against his chest. Something was wrong. Suddenly, tears formed in Rey's eyes, they fell as fast and as heavy as a waterfall in the jungle.

"I hate it Ben" she cried, trying to calm down but failing.

"Shh" Ben comforted her, cradling her head against his chest and wrapping his arms around her. "It's okay, I hate it too."

Rey sniffed and tried to swallow back her tears.

"No" she said. "It's not that."

"Then what is it?" he asked softly, brushing a tear off her cheek, and running his fingers slowly through her hair.