Chapter Thirteen- Both Truths In The Same Night

Weeks had gone by and Rey hadn't got any closer to becoming what she needed to be. Luke had been ignoring her and the very few times he spoke to her it was to tell her to go away or that she was wasting her time. Rey knew he was probably in shock, Chewbacca had helped her a little, that was when Rey had told the Jedi that Han Solo had been killed. Luke had the same routine each day, and Rey followed. She had not learnt much, only that when she had mentioned Kylo Ren, Skywalker had stiffened, he completely froze when she had mentioned Ben Solo. It made the girl ponder over the idea that the master did have something to do with his nephew's turning.

"Master Skywalker?" Rey asked every day.

"You're wasting your time kid" Luke said.

"Your sister, Leia, sent me, I'm from the Resistance" Rey continued.

"So?"

"So, we need you to return and help us" said Rey.

"Look, kid. I'm not just going to run off this island holding a laser sword and take evil down forever, that's impossible. I came to island to die, and that's what I plan on doing." Then he simply just walked away.

Rey was getting nowhere, but every night as she lay outside the rock buildings where Luke stayed, and formed a plan in her mind. One day, she decided if Master Luke Skywalker wasn't going to train her, then she would train herself.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning had come, and Rey was facing a vast boulder that towered above her head on a cliff edge, it was where the girl had chosen to train. The wind sped past her face like it was running from the war that she so desperately wanted to win.

Long and hard Rey trained, controlling her skills against the rock. She used her scavenger staff when she trained, but one day she looked at it differently.

Rey was training like usual; she had begun to adopt her own routine on the island and even though it was painful and tiering, she would not let the light side down. The girl was so focused on her control of the staff and the breeze flowing through her hair like the force was right next to her, that she jumped when everything went silent and her eyes could only see the one thing she had been longing to think of.

Kylo Ren was in front of her. Though she could not see his surroundings, he was not wearing his mask, Rey guessed that he was in his chambers. His face was the one thing she had been waiting to see. His handsome ebony hair fell across his face just enough to show his deep brown eyes of wonderous darkness and light.

"Ben" a sweet smile spread across the girl's face; she was delighted.

"Rey" Kylo looked pleased and his frown moved into a straight line, he wasn't smiling but Rey knew it was a good change.

"You don't know how pleased I am to see you" said Rey.

"Yes, I do. You know that" replied Kylo. "I warned you Skywalker wouldn't help."

"I don't need help. I have everything I need right here" said Rey, holding up her staff and knocking it against the rock.

"You are not going to be fighting in battle with a stick" said Ren.

"Then what do you propose I use; this is a desolate island" said Rey.

"You know what to do" spoke Kylo.

Rey was about to answer but suddenly the connection faded away. Rey was just staring out to sea, btu she knew what to do. The girl took her pack that lay by her feet and pulled out the familiar lightsaber that she had rescued from the cliff edge Luke had thrown it onto. She rested her staff against the rock and ignited the sabre, blue for hope, for Ben Solo.