Chapter Sixteen- Goodbye Our Princess

"REY!" Kylo was screaming with clear fear in his voice, it was like blood was falling from his eyes instead of tears.

"REY!" his voice echoed down the hallways as louder than the scream of a TIE fighter. He didn't stop, soon Kylo's vision was blurred by the tears and his throat was unbelievably sore, but he kept on racing through the corridors, his head snapping cautiously when a mysterious noise came from the shadows, it was so dark that he did not see what was behind one of the ancient pillars in the chamber.

A sobbing came from behind the stone pillar, Kylo held his lightsaber out in front of him, little red sparks lighting up his furious eyes. The crying thing looked up from where it was curled in a ball at the base of the stone.

"Ben!" Rey jumped up from the ground and her eyes held tears falling down her cheeks.

"Rey!" exclaimed Ben.

She threw her arms around him continued to sob into his chest, he wanted to wrap his arms around her waist and mirror her cries, but he did not, he just stood there letting Rey hang on. They both had the odd splodges of dirt on their clothes and mud covering their shoes, Rey's hair was messy with strands falling from the tightly packed triple bun she wore, Ben's hair was all over the place.

In the moment, Kylo had forgotten he was holding his sabre, so before Rey's life was ended in the same way as Han Solo's, Ben stepped back.

"How did you find me?" asked Rey, through sobs of joy.

"I don't know, I just found you" answered Ben.

"The force, I made us find each other" said Rey, wiping at her eyes. "I know it did."

"The force wouldn't do anything to make me happy" said Ben.

"I make you happy?" said Rey, more tears continuously falling.

Ben nodded.

"Yes, yes you do" he said. His thumb moved to Rey's face and brushed off a tear that had fallen.

Rey sniffed and reached up to clasp his hand in hers. She smiled and held his hand against her cheek, the skin was smooth and warm, it distracted Rey from the darkness that had previously encased her with terror.

Suddenly, a cackle of laughed came from the black above. It echoed around the chamber, bouncing off the pillars and bringing a cold, ghost-like atmosphere to the room. Kylo brought his hand down to the side and carefully slid his fingers in between Rey's as they both narrowed their eyes and drew their sabres.

Red and blue light lit up the hall, a dark figure emerged from the shadows. It was the Emperor Palpatine, his hood and grey hands handing out from the robe he wore was unmistakable for Kylo.

"Look at that" laughed Palpatine. More shapes came out from the darkness and surrounded Kylo and Rey, their hands gripped more firmly around their weapons, as well as the other's hand. "Kylo Ren, blood of Vader, and my own granddaughter, little Rey, holing hands, you two must be so happy."

Rey looked up at Kylo.

"Ben? What does he mean Granddaughter?" asked Rey.

"Rey-" began Ben.

"Ah, so you haven't told her." said Palpatine, moving closer. "Rey my dear, it is I, Emperor Palpatine, your grandfather."

"Grandfather" breathed Rey.

"Rey, I was going to tell you" said Kylo. "Please, please, just don't do anything okay?"

"How do you expect me not to do anything!" snapped Rey, snatching her hand back.