Twenty-Four.

The next morning, I stood in front of the mirror brushing my hair. Court was out with the queen getting ready to leave for the solstice feast. He was making up an excuse on why he would be gone. He was good at that.

For now, I was to get ready and then wait for him. My mom always did my hair when we had something important to do which wasn't often. But she had done it a few times, so I used what I remembered from her on my hair.

I was there for a bit brushing through my hair when there was a knock at the door. I looked up. "Come in." I murmured and the door opened and to my surprise Lotus came in. "Um, hello." I murmured a bit nervous as Lotus shut the door.  "Can I help you?" I asked.

She smiled as she came in. "My mom said I could find you here." She noted and I looked at her.

She came over to me. "Do you need something?" I asked nervously. She wasn't as intimidating as her significant other Thorin, but she was still a wolf. Not to mention Court isn't here.

"I do actually, my mom sent me over to give you some shoes she made for you. She finished them today." Lotus said revealing a pair of boots she was holding.

"Thank you for bringing them to me." I murmured and she nodded.

"My mother was busy finishing up my dress, so she asked me, and I've been informed you are Court's date." Lotus smiled as she came over.

"Date?" I asked confused.

Lotus smiled. "The person he takes with to the solstice feast. I'm sure he'd appreciate you looking nice." Lotus said as she pushed her blonde hair back and turned to me. Lotus was wearing a simple dress right now.

"If you turn around I can your hair for you." Lotus offered.

"Really?" I asked and she nodded before I turned around. Lotus came up behind me and took the wooden comb from me and undid my hair before she began brushing it. I stood silently in front of her as she brushed it before she began braiding it.

"You have pretty hair." Lotus murmured as she ran her fingers through one section before she braided it.

"Thank you." I murmured as she continued braiding my hair before linking it all together. Then Lotus stepped back and smiled.

"There you go." Lotus murmured and I nodded. 

"Thank you." I murmured and Lotus smiled.

"I'll see you at the feast then." Lotus told me before she left the room and I walked over to the mirror to admire her work.

At the top around my head Lotus had made a crown of braids before it went down into one thicker braid. I smiled as I moved over to the closet and took out the dress and slipped it on before sitting down on the bed to wait for Court.

A few hours later Court came back. He remained in the kitchen for a little helping around before entering the room. He shut the door behind him before pausing as he saw me.

"You look beautiful." Court murmured and I smiled.

"Lotus came over to give me some boots and she did my hair." I told him and Court nodded as he came over. I stood up and he smiled at me.

"She did an excellent job." Court commented as he touched the smaller braid around my head before pulling back. "Finish getting ready, this will be starting soon." Court told me and I nodded as he went over to the wardrobe and took out his clothes.

Court went into the bathroom and got dressed. I went over and took out the blue cloak which matched my red one but was lined with fur and cinched it on after wrapping it around me.