Thirty-Six.

Court had always been familiar with the sacrifice grounds. He went there every full moon, but as of now he wished to never see it again. Not even two days had passed, and he had enough.

Anger flushed through him as well. The longer he was here the more time he had to stew and imagine what he'd do once these ropes were off. He had been tied up in the sacrificial area against a wooden post similar to the one Ruby had been on.

This wasn't the same one though. Court only had his hands tied though. A reason why barely any of them got close enough. Once he got these ropes off and he could shift again without hurting himself he'd tear these fuckers apart.

He could still hear his mother's sobs and screams and the lifeless body of his father. 

He'd start with the guard and make his way to that brat Isaac. He planned to rip the throat right out of the guard and maim Isaac. He just had to get out first.

He had been slowly wearing on the ropes but making sure they still looked decent. He couldn't promise his wolf wouldn't surge if they decided it was appropriate to beat him while tied up. He'd shift regardless of ropes cutting into his wrists.

Court sighed as he watched yet another sunset fade away. He hoped Ruby was doing well wherever she was. When he got out of this, he'd never leave that woman alone again, even if he had to decree more rules or tear apart this entire kingdom by its seams.

He cared for that gentle girl so much.

His thoughts of the woman he had fallen in love with were disturbed when he heard Isaac coming over. He never came with anything useful, only ever to taunt him.

"The full moon is approaching, then we shall see what you really are." Isaac stepped in front of him as Court watched him.

"The only thing you will be seeing is your death." It took everything in Court not to shift and rip Isaac apart. Him and the guard. He had caught sight of the guard who had killed his father. Those two were on his shit list.

He'd tear them apart when the time came. 

Even if it meant waiting till the full moon. Court couldn't tell Isaac what would happen. This entire village would be torn apart on the full moon. Nothing Court would say would stop it either.

Thorin wouldn't listen to him, and his pack would consider it a weakness if he told them to stand down. His brothers loved him, but Court knew even Xerxes his carefree brother would challenge him over this.

There was only one way this is ending and it's in bloodshed.

Isaac smiled as he approached Court. "If I die, I'll make sure to take out all of the wolves with me. This helpless sacrifice to those animalistic savage wolves will end on this full moon." Isaac declared.

"If that's what you want to believe." Court retorted as he watched Isaac.

He made sure to keep calm while talking to him. If he lost his temper things wouldn't go the way he planned. Court could take out a respectable number of people, but he knew he had to wait.

Once his pack was here this village was damned. And come hell or high-water Court would be leaving with Isaac's throat between his teeth.

Isaac simply smiled at him. "Enjoy your last days prince." Isaac walked away after that.

Court smiled. "Yours too."

Court watched the sun set in the sky and hide behind the hills descending the world into darkness. Every minute that ticked by brought the end closer.