Three.

The chickens scurried across the grass as I stood there silently watching the woods. I really began to hate how I hadn't fought back with the rope. Now here I am tied up as the wolves approached.

No one was here to save me either. There would be no cute ending of some guy coming to save me. I had no guy who would come save me. All I had now is the wolves.

One of the chickens hopped up onto the platform and hid within my red cloak. I looked at the handcuffs as fear set into me. The animals that were out here were getting restless. One of the roosters started running towards the woods. 

The hen at my side looked up just as a large canine figured leapt from the woods and onto the large rooster. It crowed one last time before its neck was snapped. The chickens scattered leaving the seeds behind. The hen shifted behind me seeing me as safety.

I watched as the canine figure looked up its bright amber eyes watching its surroundings. One of the chickens had run off near it as another one of them came out and crushed its neck within its jaws.

This one was a white colored with a strip of honey coloring down its back. It was also smaller than the one who had appeared first.

The one that appeared first was a dark coloring that I couldn't make out as well as bright amber eyes. The two had yet to notice me and I could only pray it would stay that way. I watched as the brown wolf tore out the throat of the chicken and then ate it.

The white one set the chicken down as it looked around the field at the chickens that had scattered about after they appeared. Then the white one's gold eyes settled on me.

It's relaxed ears instantly perked up. The dark wolf looked at it and then followed its gaze. The white wolf looked over at the brown one. These aren't normal wolves. I could see communication in their looks.

The dark wolf set the chicken down as the hen behind me did it's best to disappear into my cloak. Everything froze as the large wolf advanced towards me its nostrils flaring out. I yanked on the handcuff to see if it had any weak points. 

Disappointment flooded me when it refused to budge. The white wolf watched the brown wolf as it leapt up onto the wooden mount. Fear enveloped me as it came over and pressed its cold nose into my leg as it began sniffing all over me.

I didn't know how to feel in that moment except terrified. The sniffing behavior matched the dogs in the village, but this is one of the deadly wolves who roam the woods. The ones who had killed a guard on the last full moon.

The wolf looked up at me its golden eyes meeting mine before it moved slightly before lunging behind me as it grabbed the hen. The hen screamed before the wolf snapped its neck and stepped away from me and tossed the chicken aside.

The white wolf trotted up and grabbed the chicken as the dark wolf backed up and looked at me. Everything in me screamed to struggle and attempt to escape. The golden eyes unnerved me as they traveled over me.

I said nothing. I just sat there silently as the wolf watched me. The white wolf approached and got ready to jump up when the dark one whirled around and snarled.

The white wolf paused as it watched the wolf silently it's ears now pinned against its head. I watched as the dark wolf snarled one last time before the white wolf backed off and left.

Then he turned on me. I could see it was male. He stopped as he sniffed me one last time as the white wolf glanced around cautiously. It watched as the chickens scattered before reluctantly going off to chase them down.

Fear slithered up me as he approached me once more watching me carefully. His amber eyes flickered to the cuffs around my wrist. Why did he look so wise?