Twenty-One.

Court had given me freedom to roam the cabin as well as go outside if I desired. I spent most of the time in the cabin but today decided to venture out. Court was currently in the bathroom bathing himself when I left.

I went out and looked over at where Celeste stood in the grassy area grazing. Court had lots of trust in his horse since he was out without him present. Celeste looked up when I came out.

I had come out specifically for him as well as to enjoy some fresh air. Celeste stopped his grazing when I came over holding one of the apples I had found. Celeste came over to me as I held my hand out and gave him the apple.

Celeste took the apple and chomped down on it before he fully finished it with some of the juice dripping from his lips. "Good boy." I told him stroking his neck. He felt so soft. I smiled as I ran my hands over him.

After that I backed away from him as Celeste returned to grazing. The only thing he had on was a leather halter for Court could come hook him up if needed. I went over to the side of the cabin and sat down in the grassy area.

The grass was beginning to wilt away though. The frigid air rippled over me making my cloak flow behind me as I sat silently on the ground. I sucked in a deep breath as I looked around.

Birds chirped in the woods as I sat on the soil quietly enjoying the fresh air. I leaned back to enjoy the time before I would have to go back inside.

Court came out not that long after dressed in his typical clothing of trousers and button-up shirts. His hair was slightly damp as he came out. He looked around before his eyes settled on me and smiled.

"Oh, you're out here." Court stated as he came over.

"Yeah, I came out to get some fresh air and give Celeste an apple." I told him as he sat down next to me. Court looked over to where Celeste was grazing the grass.

"I'm going to have to start transporting some hay out here without anyone noticing. Once the snow falls, he won't be able to graze anymore." Court commented and I looked over at him.

"Have you done that before?" I asked.

"A few times, typically I do it at night as it makes it easier to get into the forest without anyone watching me. People would get a bit suspicious if the prince were carting around hay near the woods." Court smiled at me.

"I'd leave Celeste there, but it would cause even more suspicion, so he goes everywhere with me. My mom knows I ride a lot, so she doesn't care about how long I'm gone for. I just must appear back at the castle every now and then." Court told me.

"Is it hard living like this?" I asked.

"Well, it's not the easiest, but it's not the hardest. Although it had been a bit more complicated since you've come. . . I don't like leaving you here by yourself." Court looked over at me as he smiled.

"I'm sorry." I murmured and Court shook his head.

"It's not your fault. I do care about you Ruby and I just don't like leaving you here by yourself. But I make do." Court ran a hand through his hair. I smiled at him. "Anyways I will be leaving for dinner. My mother is having a special feast that I must be there for. I put some beef stew on the stove for you. It should be done around dinnertime for you to eat." Court informed me and I nodded.

We sat next to each other for a bit before Court got up and fetched Celeste and tacked him up. "I'll see you in the morning or later tonight." Court told me and I nodded at that.