Seven.

Lyell made me even more nervous than the mention of this man Thorin. Our first. . . encounter hadn't been pleasant. He seemed a bit more relaxed this time, but I kept my guard up. Him being relaxed now doesn't mean it wouldn't change later.

I sat on the bed silently with my hands in my lap. I had changed my clothes to the ones Lucia had provided me with. Lyell glanced up at me.

"He took you to Lucia's." Lyell stated and I glanced up at him.

Maybe he's trying to be nice and start a conversation with me. The room is tensely silent since Court left Lyell in here with me. Although it always tends to be tense just typically not this silent. But after one glance at Lyell I decided he isn't trying to be nice.

Trusting him could easily become a mistake. A mistake I refuse to make. Lyell smirked at my lack of response as he lounged himself out on the chair, he sat in.

I turned my attention away from him and back to wondering when Court was going to return. While I didn't have complete trust in him, he is a lot more bearable than Lyell could ever be.

Irritation coursed through Court as he walked outside of the cabin. He didn't understand why Thorin couldn't just take his share like he offered and leave him be. Instead he insisted on talking to him.

Court had never been fond of Thorin. The alpha of the rival pack. Court could never decipher if Thorin hated him or is jealous of his life within the city they stalk and harass. Maybe a mix of both. Court smoothed out his riding pants as he stepped outside.

His eyes shifted to his stallion Celeste in his stall eating hay. They hadn't bothered Celeste. Court had become quite fond of his stallion despite the oddity of it. Him being a wolf and riding a stallion, but people would deem the 'prince' crazy in town if they ever caught him just walking around. And he couldn't risk his cover being blown.

But he would be severely pissed if he came out to see Celeste hurt. Court's gaze shifted back to the center where Thorin stood with two of his brothers. His shifted brothers.

The wolf at his right side was a brown wolf with various shades of brown and two dark black marks over his eyes. The center of him was the lighter colors and it darkened as it went out with the tips of his paws a white color.

The one on the left side is a standard grey and white wolf. Both have bright gold eyes. Between the two of them stood Thorin.

Court stopped as he stared at Thorin.

Thorin was a few inches taller than him. He had jet black hair with blue highlights and bright green eyes. Court stopped as he watched Thorin who stepped forward. 

"Lyell said you have some extra things for us." Thorin commented and Court nodded.

"Yes, we have some extra chickens and deer if you want some." Court answered hoping this conversation would be short. That Thorin would take what was offered to him and then leave. But judging by Thorin's smile Court knew otherwise.

"I'm never one to turn down food, but I do have some matters to discuss with you." Thorin smiled as the two wolves walked off to gather the food.

"The humans seem to have forgotten their place in this circle." Thorin noted.

"How so?" Court asked shifting his weight as he watched Thorin carefully.

"When we arrived, the sacrificial area had been moved and there were only a few chickens left and nothing but the scent of chickens. I don't see you as one to take more than bargained so are they slacking with their sacrifice?" Thorin asked.