Thirty-Two.

Court was quick to bring us back to the cabin after we had all the things that he needed from Lucia's. Once the cabin came into view Court brought Celeste over to his stall and rode him in before dismounting and helping me down.

I took all my clothes as Court removed Celeste's tack and patted his neck before giving him a treat. Celeste was quick to start grazing on the hay as Court came over to me and smiled.

"Ready to go in?" Court asked and I nodded as I followed him into the cabin.

Lyell was in the kitchen with Xerxes when we came in and the two were cooking dinner. Some sort of soup. 

"I'm going to go put the clothes away." I told Court who nodded with a smile as he moved out of my way. I left the three alone as I went down to Court and I's bedroom and entered before going to the wardrobe.

I put all the clothes up with a smile and decided to keep one dress out.

This dress was made of a typical cotton fabric with fur around the neck area and arms. The color is a black color. The fur is black as well except in a few spots in the front where Lucia had managed to get a dark maroon color into the fur.

I smiled as I set the dress down near the bed deciding I would wear that one tomorrow.

With that all sorted out I removed my cloak and went out into the main section of the cabin. Lyell was leaned up on the counter laughing at something Court had said while Xerxes smiled at him.

"Your serious?" Lyell asked.

"Serious as can be Lyell. Lotus is pregnant." Court told him and Lyell let out one more laugh before smiling.

"Well congratulations to Lotus. A year later and she's finally expecting. I was beginning to think Thorin was shooting blanks." Lyell joked with a grin on his face. His gold eyes twinkled with amusement as he pushed himself up.

The three looked oddly human talking and joking about Lotus's pregnancy. Despite Lyell joking they all seemed decently happy. Lotus wasn't kidding with the whole high spirits regarding pregnancy.

Even people from a different pack seemed delighted. Or at least happy for Lotus. 

Court looked over and smiled at me as I came in. Xerxes caught Court's gaze and went over to the stove and removed the pot of soup. "Dinner should be done now. Lyell and I made beef stew, we even made biscuits to go with. I think Lyell and I did a decent job." Xerxes looked proud of himself as he took down bowls. 

Court beckoned me over as Lyell went over to help Xerxes get servings. I smiled at Court as I stopped beside him and waited.

Xerxes handed Court a bowl. "Smells good." Court commented and Xerxes smiled.

"Hope it's to your liking princess." Lyell smirked a little at the name.

"I'm not a princess." I told him and Lyell let out a small chuckle as he arched a white eyebrow at me.

"Hm, I thought being the lover of a prince may you a princess, guess I haven't brushed up on my knowledge of human royalty. I'll be sure to on my next trip to the city." Lyell responded as heat rushed to my cheeks at the mention of me being Court's lover.

Is that what I am? 

The mark on my collarbone, the area where Court had bitten me marked me as his. He never went into extreme detail about it, but from what I had gathered you didn't just go around doing what he had done.

Court also made it known he did it to protect me. To keep me alive and out of the hands of any curious unmated males who decided to press Court. 

Lyell could be considered one of them. Although he hadn't pressed into me much since the first time I had come here. He mostly just gave me looks and occasionally would say something when I came to get books.