yangyang

title: fated together
type: soulmate au
words: 2675

Concealed in the raucous chatter and uninteresting gossip, I rubbed the drowsiness from my eyes and scanned the various foods on display before me

Concealed in the raucous chatter and uninteresting gossip, I rubbed the drowsiness from my eyes and scanned the various foods on display before me. I pointed at the delectable lasagne and thanked the lady who served it to me.

I hissed at the predictable heat and shook my hand as I observed it transition from tan, beige shades to tinges of rose and red.

My hand almost looked like a warning - red as stoplights. As blistering as a heated argument, I shoved the painful feelings to the bottom of my heart and quickly adapted to the hot plate of food.

My eyes began inspecting each nook and cranny of the cafeteria, trying to catch sight of my small group of friends. I scrutinised and judged as I looked at the different cliques and stereotypes sitting on the seats - they were just enjoying their meal, talking with friends, completely unaware to the fact that I was secretly surmising their every move and appearance.

Yes it was rude, but every human has an initial thought, first opinion, even if it was just for a split second. We're not perfect - not trying to be.

However, to be fair, they too were probably judging one of their classmates for what they wore today or what their hobbies were.

My eyes lingered on two familiar faces and they waved at me. I smiled and made my way towards the corner table they had decided to sit at.

As I was walking, a leg lurking between the shadows emerged from the murkiness and was positioned perfectly in front of me as if to trip me up.

Oh, that's exactly what they wanted.

I stumbled over the converse shoe and fell forward in a very embarrassing and unattractive manner.

I felt a pair of arms push me back and I was about to thank them before I met with their overcast, unlit eyes.

Yangyang.

His face, stoic and cold, exhibited many emotions: none of which were pleasant. His nostrils were flaring and his eyebrows were narrowed inwards as a frown proudly situated itself onto his lips.

When Yangyang's line of vision converged with mine, an irrefutable, stupendous feeling of ardour and   adulation encircled around our silhouettes and I gasped with a hand perked up onto my mouth.

The whole room went soundless and hushed as people's voices fell like rain plummeting to the ground.

Everyone was so chatty earlier on but now they were tight lipped and had their mouths sewed shut.

Both mine and Yangyang's hair started to glow like the luminescent stars that gleamed in the nighttime. Our eyes began to buzz with shades of blue and soon the entirety of our eyes settled on a dark blue ocean colour.