winwin

title: runaway
type: fantasy
words: 1314

In this Oneshot, Y/n is portrayed as a child- around 8 years old

In this Oneshot, Y/n is portrayed as a child- around 8 years old. WinWin is only slightly older (around 9 or 10).

Y/n POV

My pace was picking up and my chest was rising heavily. My legs were trying to keep up with my mind. All I wanted to do was run. My head was all over the place and my legs struggled to keep up with my desired speed.

I managed to escape towards the woods but I didn't feel like that was far enough. My hands were shaking and soon enough I stumbled. My legs gave in to all the running and I fell over the roots of a massive oak tree, tumbling upon the emerald, long blades of grass.

I sat up with a hand to my head, groaning at the pain caused by my clumsiness. I blinked a few times to make sure that my vision hadn't been impaired. I rubbed my scalp in comfort and I twisted my head, taking in my surroundings.

The woods had never looked like this before.

It used to look so dull and grey. No one lived in the woods next to my town and I understood why. But after seeing this, I think I could've spent the rest of eternity enclosed in the woods.

My eyes were blinded from the rays of dazzling sunlight that uplifted every area of darkness. It brought the woods to life. Everything here was natural. From the way the sky looked to the little insects that crawled up the thin, healthy lengths of grass.

The flowers poked from underneath the dirt and peeked around the trees. There were a variety of families of flowers everywhere. The flower shops from my village should come here and use these creations for their bouquets. The flowers here seemed so much more real than the ones back home. It was like everything I had known to be natural now looked like plastic in my eyes.

This place was definitely mother nature.

I stood up from the flowerbed that I had fallen into and twirled around as butterflies paraded around my figure.

I laughed and giggled staring up at the pastel blue sky that looked like an oil painting. I was beyond happy for finding this new location. I was proud for finding the eighth wonder of the world.

As I was basking in my glory, I heard a deep but quiet voice.

I was shocked to the core. I thought no human lived here.

"Who are you? And what are you doing here?"

Well I was right. No human did live here.

This guy right here looked like an elf.

I froze on the spot. Well who wouldn't? I mean no one has ever seen an elf, right? Well no one alive that I know.

"Before I answer, please know that I come with no intention to hurt you. Please don't hurt me," I begged with pleading eyes.