jeno

title: boba shop
type: fluff
words: 1172

title: boba shop type: fluffwords: 1172

Y/n's POV

I smiled at the customer and handed her the drink she had ordered. She gave me a glare and snatched the drink away from me.

I wanted to smack her face but my manager would get mad and fire me.

I really needed this job as well since I still need to pay my college tuition. My parents are struggling to pay but they are doing the best they can. I moved to a school further away from them so I started working to help pay for my education, food and lifestyle. My parents are happy to help wherever is possible.

The customer walked out of the shop and I rolled my eyes whilst turning to my co- worker.

"Well, she's a bitch!" Yeji whispered to avoid getting in trouble. I nodded in agreement and sighed.

She went back to pouring milk into the cup and adding tapioca balls. I laughed at her when she spilt the milk and helped her to clean herself.

I served more customers and made more cups of boba. I was so tired of my part time job because it was so repetitive. I am studying to become a teacher because you meet new people and something new can happen at anytime. Also, I want to help as many children as I can.

I poked the straw into the plastic cover of the drink and gave it to the little boy. He thanked me and paid. I opened the cash register and counted the right amount of change. This boy was a regular and he came most days after his school day was done.

3 hours later...

I was sitting at a vacant table trying to contact my boyfriend- Jeno.

He is in my English literature class and he asked me out 4 months ago. He is very sweet and caring. Jeno goes to the dance studio a lot in his spare time since that is his favourite hobby. Jeno is spectacular at dancing and I truly admire his passion for it.

I texted Jeno to check up on him and make sure that he was okay. After 15 minutes, he hadn't responded and I got worried. I tried calling him but he didn't pick up. I called 4 more times but gave up thinking that he might be very focused right now. 

I sighed, slightly disappointed since I haven't seem all day. I had to get back to my shift since I would be the last one in the shop. I had to lock up today so I would stay very late.

I was supposed to have a movie night with Jeno but seeing the amount of customers, I don't know if we'll have time. On this day, usually we close early since there aren't many people but the night I decide to have a little date with Jeno that's when people decide to come and buy drinks.

Jeno's POV

I tried turning my phone on whilst walking towards the changing room. I powered it off today since I wanted to concentrate on my choreography. When the screen finally lit up, I saw that I had a text from Y/n and...5 MISSED CALLS! 

Oh no! Y/n might kill me. She tends to worry a lot and I hate it when she gets anxious. I should've warned her that I would turn off my phone. I really don't want Y/n to worry about me or else she'll put me before her. She's so selfless like that. Sometimes it affects her health. 

Once, I didn't tell her that I was staying at the library after class so she waited in the rain for me. Y/n even walked to my apartment to see if I was there but I wasn't so she went back. I didn't have my phone with me either. When I finally came out, she looked so pale and she was absolutely drenched. I felt so sorry for her but she said as long as I was okay then she was fine too. I wanted to cry when she said that- I love this girl so much.

As I was about to press send on my text, my phone died!

Of course it did. I sighed in frustration and changed into my hoodie. I put up my hood and went to where Y/n worked. I planned on waiting for her until her shift was finished so that we could go to my apartment and watch movies all night long.

I began walking in the direction of the boba shop.

I was going to wait for her inside but there were so many people inside which was quite unexpected. I didn't want to take any seats since I wasn't even going to buy anything so I stayed on the bench outside of the shop.

1 hour later... 

Y/n was still working and it was getting late. I wasn't going to bail on her though so I stayed in my exact spot, waiting for Y/n to finish.

Y/n's POV

Whilst I was serving people, I noticed a guy sitting on a bench but his face was covered with a hood and his head was lowered. Every time I looked over, he was still looking down. After a while, I thought that maybe he was asleep. 

If he was still there when I have to close the shop then I'll give him a drink.

It was time to lock up and I had just finished cleaning the counter. I grabbed the key and locked the door. I pulled down the cover of the shop and walked over to the guy.

He was still there!

I took the boba out of the bag and poked the man's cheek with the straw even though his hood was still up.

I got quite a scare when the body flinched and when he took off his hood...I was gobsmacked!

JENO!!!

What was he doing here?

"Awwww...baby what are you doing here, sleeping on a bench?" I asked, worried.

Jeno smiled and kissed my forehead, "Please don't be worried. I waited for you to finish work so that we could go to my place and watch movies like we planed. I didn't expect you to close so late."

My heart melted into a pool. He was so considerate.

"I'm so sorry. Why didn't you text?"

"My phone was out of charge. Oh and sorry for not answering your calls. I powered off my phone during my dance practice."

I grinned and threw my arms around him in a tight hug, "Jeno, don't be sorry. I understand if you were scared that I would be worried. Thank you for waiting."

Jeno grasped my hand and placed his lips onto them for a gentle kiss before wrapping his fingers in between.

We walked hand in hand, swinging our arms together as we talked about random topics, anticipating a comfy night in watching some new movies.