jaemin pt.1

title: don't
type: angst
words: 1420

I don't really know if this angst but I wanted to do a different vibe with this one

Not too proud of this one :/

Y/n's POV

A smile graced my face as I searched the classroom for my best friend, Na Jaemin.

We've been friends for as long as I could remember and I trusted him with my heart. We were loyal to one another and we always had each other's back.

My eyes disappeared as my grin grew wider upon seeing the man I was searching for this whole time.

He ran up towards me and captured my figure in a sweet hug.

"Y/n, what took you so long?"

His voice.

The raspiness in his tone made my insides churn and my legs tremble. The concern he held made me awe. He was all too perfect. The way he cared made me feel like maybe there was hope. Maybe I had a chance.

"I am so sorry. I woke up late. Kept snoozing my alarm," I let out a soft chuckle.

Jaemin cupped my face with his gentle hands and smiled.

"Well, you're here now and that's all that matters," he replied, pulling away.

The class soon started and I followed Jaemin to the back of the class.

We always sat at the back. Left corner too.

It was the best place to get away with stuff.

Today, I had stocked up on snacks so I decided to share them with Jaemin.

We were trying our best to crunch the crisps silently.

I attempted to open the packet of gummy worms but the rustling made it way too obvious.

The teacher immediately slammed the book closed and got up from her desk, scanning the classroom, "Who was that? Who is eating during this class?"

Jaemin and I shared glances filled with fear as well as a hint of amusement.

Jaemin grew worried and he didn't want me to get into trouble so he stealthily swiped the packet away from me and held it in his own hands.

He stood up abruptly and held the sweets in his hand.

"Sorry Miss. It was me," he confessed.

Although he was eating in the class, he wasn't to blame since he didn't get caught.

It was me.

I was too loud. I couldn't let him get away with it on his own.

Feeling guilty, I too stood up from my seat and confessed.