ten

title: midnight rendezvous
type: fluff
words: 1550

requested by BugsBunnyHuney

I leaned my head against the window, yawning loudly while I snuggled deeper into the soft, cosy fabric of Ten's teddy bear jacket

The night was old - stars twinkling lightly and moon dazzling with a faint dreamlike glow. The traffic lights hopped from colour to colour meanwhile the road was looking as empty as ever, painted with swirls of loneliness. After all, it was already early early morning and most people were tucked away in the comfort of their bed, dreaming about perfect memories or wriggling and squeaming from a cunning nightmare.

"Sorry that I woke you up at this time," Ten said, "but there's something I really want to do with you. It'll be fun and totally worth it."

I stated at his side profile and my eyes sprinted across his jawline, trying to fully absorb the sight in front of me.

"Promise?" I asked, eyes sparkling as I watched Ten's smile appear.

He nodded with a faint grin beaming on his lips and I closed my eyes, wishing to endulge into an infinite period of drowse. I felt Ten's delicate fingertips brush against my knee leading to his hand planted and fixated on my thigh.

It was those little things he did that made my cheeks buzz and the hair on my arms tingle and rise like the sun. I didn't care for tremendous or stupendous dates to celebrate an event of significance.

I didn't like being spoiled with gifts and jewellery - I preferred sessions of cuddling until the horizons surfaced the windows of our bedroom. I liked it when Ten kissed me goodbye or when he sprayed my perfume all over his hoodies.

The ride on the road was smooth and tranquil. My eyes were drifting again, wavering in and out of consciousness. The lack of words made Ten suspicious, therefore quickly glancing to my side in the passenger seat.

A smile graced his lips and he rubbed my knee comfortingly while giggling quietly.

"Baby, don't fall asleep. It'll take forever for you to wake up. You sleep like snorlax," Ten mentioned.

I jolted up in offence and defended myself profusely.

"If anyone sleeps like snorlax, it's you! I am a delight in bed," I argued.

"Yes you are a delight in bed - if you know what I mean," he replied with a smug smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes as his honey-like laugh flooded the interior of the car, eventually making me laugh (laughter is contagious).

"I'll put my new song on for you if it'll keep you awake," Ten said, reaching for the CD.

After Ten slid the CD into the player, I mingled my own hand with his free one, clutching on tightly. I didn't miss the secret smile that bedecked his mouth as he attempted to gaze at the window beside him. An imperceptible chuckle fled from the chambers of my tongue, the sound increasing into a raucous laugh.