mark

title: blue moon mayhem
type: werewolf//mafia au
words: 2100

My heart was racing tremendously fast like a car speeding into the night

My heart was racing tremendously fast like a car speeding into the night. My hands grew sweaty and my mind went hazy.

With slight hesitation, I drew my gun from my pocket and gave a signal to Mark.

It wasn't easy trying to complete a mission and your partner turned out to be your crush.

We carefully scanned the hallways, guns pointing in any potential threat zone.

"Can you stop breathing so loud dude?" Mark whispered in annoyance.

I kicked his leg and watched him stumble.

"What was that for?" he asked before elbowing the side of my tummy.

"Ouch. What was that for?"

"Kicking me."

"Well sorry if I'm a little nervous and my breathing is unstable," I reasoned with Mark and looked away.

Mark chuckled lightly and I felt his shadow looming over me. I stopped in my tracks when I felt his burning touch resting on my shoulders. His silky fingers were tracing shapes on my skin and my body instantly relaxed as a result of it.

"Why you nervous Y/n? You're the best in the gang."

His voice was like a lullaby tempting me to fall asleep right there and then, dropping into his arms. It was heavenly, on another level. Mark's voice could hypnotise me. Mark could hypnotise me.

He was too close to me. I could feel his hot breath lingering over my skin, each gust of air igniting embers of fire over the flesh of my neck. My mind was  bubbling with too many assumptions and too many thoughts that it was giving me a headache.

"Yeah I know I'm the best I just... I want to do the gang proud," I said with a shaky finish.

I wasn't the best liar but Mark seemed to fall for what I said despite my wobbly voice and unusual pause inbetween my sentence.

I used my heightened smell senses and the coast was clear and I made my way to the door that lead to the dining room.

I hid my gun in my bra and checked my boots to make sure my knife was carefully in the heel. I flattened out my dress and turned to glance at Mark. He was busy tucking in his shirt and he placed his gun in the side of his pants.

As he brushed his hair away from his forehead, I could feel my cheeks blazing up and my heartbeat banging erratically against my ribcage. I swallowed my feelings down my throat and let out a long breath I didn't realise I was holding in.

I always felt this way around him and I felt like maybe he could be mate. However, if he was, we'd feel the bond right? I felt guilty knowing that I had a mate out there somewhere but I was still hung up on Mark fucking Lee who I've liked for 2 years now.