mark

title: in denial

type: enemies // vampire // wolf

words: 3188

requested by beeya123

"You need to go Valentina

"You need to go Valentina. It's for your own benefit, trust me," Valentina's father demanded with a caring tone. 

Valentina understood and sighed, complying anyways knowing that her father was right. She adorned her bare shoulders with her dark, crushed velvet cloak: an indication of her status. The cloak trailed down her back and stopped right at her ankles, tied at the front with a flimsy bow.

"You look like the future vampire ruler. I'm proud of you princess. I know you'll do a great job just like me," Mr Bae declared merrily as he fixed the lapels of the fabric.

"I'll do you proud, Papa Bae," Valentina spoke before leaving the mansion and transforming into her bat form.

If you didn't click on yet, Valentina was a vampire - a prodigy at that. 

At the ripe age of 6 months, she had developed her fangs and when she turned 4 years old, she had mastered the art of transforming back and forth between vampire and bat. All the other vampires adored her and knew that Valentina was the perfect heir to lead them. She was extremely selfless and always had the best of interest for those around her...

including the werewolves. 

Werewolves and vampires lived in a somewhat serene harmony. 

The younger generation were a lot more accepting of each other, not giving two thoughts about which creature you were. However, the older batch of citizens were more critical and stuck in the past rules and teachings. 

Valentina was friends with all creatures: ranging from the pixies to mermaids. 

Valentina was an advocate for peace and she wanted all species to get along well; except for the humans of course since they were enemies to all. They had never tried to get to know the other creatures and always opted for war and attacks instead. Humans wanted to be on top. Greedy for power, the dominance famished society began hunting for the other souls that roamed the earth. 

Valentina waved at the elders as she lined up next to her fellow attendants. 

This was a training program that all the next heirs and high status beings had to follow. It was essential in enhancing their powers and senses. 

The masters were mainly focused on the two prodigies within the kingdom as they had never seen anybody like them. Despite their age and lack of knowledge, they were very impressive and skilled. Within no time, they would be the most powerful creatures the world has seen, but for now, they still had a lot to learn about themselves and how to control the abilities they were capable of.