kun

title: bartender benefits

type: smut

words: 2042

requestes by cxsmic-chan

My head is spinning and my joints are aching

My head is spinning and my joints are aching. If I have to spend another minute cooped up in this cramped office, I will scream while ruffling my hair like a lunatic. 

Today has been a stressful day (to say the least) and I could not be more grateful for the fact that weekend is approaching. I can almost hear it knocking on my door, alluring me to play with the dark and forget all of my previous struggles of the week. 

I'm enticed by the flashing neon lights of the newly opened bar, hidden as a slither between the wall, so that any pedestrian - tourist or citizen- wouldn't even notice it as they walked passed it. That is what I find so amusing about living in a city so busy, so hectic, so strenuous: most will pay such little attention to their surroundings, leaving behind all the concealed gems that you would not find anywhere else.

I take great pride in polishing the gems I find; I visit often and alone, therefore I can bask in my own delight knowing that I have discovered another place so remarkable. Each gem is different. I've come across bars disguised as alley ways, underground diners, abandoned train stations serving as stages for artists on the rise and even an art gallery between the crack of a boutique and butcher shop. 

I've seen it all. 

I know I have an eye of an owl - wide and attentive. 

Open mindedness - something not everyone beholds. 

Everyone is always in a rush, in a hurried state to be somewhere, to do something, to meet someone, when in reality, all you need is to take a deep breath and a quick glance at where you are. And maybe, just maybe, you'll spot something so intricate and miniscule that you would've never noticed before.

Life is short - yes - but that doesn't mean it is a race. Take your time and time will reveal all those hidden gems to you sooner than you think.

After work, I knew I needed to ease my mind. What better way to spend the weekend than clubbing. 

I was set on going to the new bar that opened. I didn't bother ringing up my friends. I needed some time to have fun on my own. 

I walked down the familiar street, puffs of white clouds emitting from my mouth as the night air seeped with frost and scratched away my usually tanned nose, unfolding a vermilion tint to the tip of it. I wrapped my fur coat tighter around my shoulders as I headed down the grimy steps of the alley. 

My ears perked up at the yellow tunes skipping through the air, radiating a sense of happiness as I knew I was going to be having a great evening. The constant bass of the song left the sour taste of alcohol on the pad of my tongue despite not drinking anything, yet. Nearing the club, the sight of flashing lights sounded like glasses clinking and laughter rumbling from stomachs, a melodious harmony ringing in my ears.