Chapter Five

Y/N POV

Once we had left the airport, after the plane had landed, we were greeted by the Sheriff of the small town.

"You must be the FBI agents. You know I reckon this girl is making this up. But then you guys are here, getting involved, making her delusions worse." He said in a not very polite manner.

"Yes we are from the FBI, I'm Special Agent Dana Scully, these are my partners Special Agent Fox Mulder and Special Agent Y/N Y/L/N. We are here to investigate this whether or not you believe her. This is what our department does." Scully says back in the same tone of voice, "Now if you please, we would like to get to our hotel, considering it's starting to get late." Scully moved past him and got to our rental car.

"Man, I hope that pretty thing next to you isn't as fiery as Scully, there otherwise you have your hands full, Mulder." The sheriff said to Mulder, the moment Scully was out of ear shot.

"Fortunately, she is alot easier to handle. However, it isn't handling, it is knowing them well and getting along with them which makes this job easy for me." Mulder commented in a warm tone, which I knew to be his cheeky voice.

I sigh and look at the sheriff, "Just so you understand sheriff, call me a pretty thing again and I will not be afraid to kill you with you own thumb." At that comment the sheriff took a step back, and at that action, I smirked. Of course I was bluffing, but he didn't have to know I wasn't going to kill him. "Sir, we need to go to our hotel." I turn to Mulder, gave short wink before following Scully's footsteps to the rental.

I could just hear Mulder say, "She really can kill someone with their thumb, I have seen her do it."

When I got to the car, Scully was next to the back seat door. "Before you ask, Mulder has the keys, and I can't get in." Mulder appeared just after Scully finished her sentence. "Can you unlock the door." Scully said clearly in a mood. Mulder unlocked the car before getting into the drivers seat. Mine and Scully's hand reached for the passenger door handle.

Scully looks at me, she is clearly in a bad mood but I am going to sit next to Mulder. She scoffs at me before moving to the back seat door. Smiling, I climb in to the car, sitting down and pull on my seatbelt. "Ok, first thing tomorrow, we are going to question the girl and her family about this. And then anyone who might of seen anything. It is not that I don't believe her, but I can't think of an explanation as to why this is happening. But right now let's get to the hotel and get some sleep." Scully thought aloud to us, letting us know what we were going to do.

When Mulder pulled up outside the hotel, we all got out and went inside. I walk up to the desk and said, "There should be three rooms under Mulder."
I say to the man behind the counter.

"I'm going to need identification." He replied. I reached into my inside pocket and pulled out my federal ID. "Right, thank you." He looks in a book, his eyes wandered down the page until he stopped. "According to this there are only two rooms for a Mulder."

"That's fine," I responded, hoping Mulder had something planned, if you know what I mean. I am handed two keys with a smile. The keys had the rooms numbers on.

I walked over to Mulder and Scully and hand them a set of keys each. "Where is you key?" Scully asked me.

"There is only two rooms," I smirked, "I guess I will bunk with Mulder, he has the room with the two singles." I hoped Scully would buy that.

"Are you ok with this?" Scully questioned Mulder. He just nodded and smiled. With that reaction, Scully stormed of to her room. All I could do was laugh at her jealous behaviour.

"We don't really have separate bed do we?" Mulder said grinning.

"Of course not. I just want peace to finish what we, or should I say you, started." Before Mulder could react, I grabbed his hand pulling him towards our room.

743 words