Chapter Sixteen

Y/N POV

On the way to the second scene I couldn't take my mind off that poor little girl and the life she now had to live. Even though I wasn't in the system long I know of the feeling of gives you.

It makes you feel unwanted and unloved. It makes you feel lonely and estranged from the world. Life hasn't been fair to this young girl.

Mulder squeezing my thigh brought me back to reality. He gave a comforting smile and said, "Let's go look." We got out the car and went straight to the backyard.

"It is like looking at a mirrored image." Mulder said after eyeing the place over. He was right it look basically the same as the other one.

"The victim was married with one daughter. Cause of death hypoglycemia. Mulder this is uncanny. They also found traces of the poisoned digitalis." Scully looked up from the file.

"Puncture wound?" Mulder asked. I looked at the file over Scully's shoulder.

"Uh, yes," Scully told him as I nodded. "On the jugular. Time of death was estimated at 2:30 PM, same day only three hours earlier then the Simmons murder."

"That's PST, that makes it the exact same moment." I took the file off of Scully.

"He right, it looks like a double murder. But at the same time? Why these two men?" I question looking over the file.

"Well it appears we have two serial killers working in tandem." I nodded at Scully idea, I think she is right.

Mulder shook his head, "Serial killers rarely work in pairs and when the do they kill together, not separately."

"Mulder nothing beyond your link to Tina Simmons substantiates UFO mutilation theory."

"This guys daughter here when he was murdered?" I look between them knowing they work well together, causing me to become slightly jealous.

"The police report states that she remembers nothing, she is with her mother and family in Sacramento." Scully answered before I could.

"Does it say when they will be back?" At mulders question I look back down.

"Yes it does. They come back-"

I went to answer but Scully cut in, "Tomorrow." Why does she do that, it is so annoying.

"Any money she will remember red lightning?" Mulder said before we went back to the car.

"You think it is a common factor?" I asked confused as to how red lightning could effect the case. Mulder just nodded.

*Later that evening*

Me and Mulder are sat quietly in our motel room. We are cuddled up on the bed watching TV when my phone rings. I roll over and answer it. He was only wearing trousers and I was wearing shorts and a tank top.

"Y/L/N," I say.

"Ma'am, the girl, Tina she is missing."

"What do you mean? How do you lose a child? How did this happen?" This got Mulder attention and he looked at me worried.

"Well Ma'am she just disappeared from her room, there was a scream and she was gone. We have a search party canvassing the area." The officer informs me.

"Good, find her. She is a child in a bad place, she just lost everything. Keep me informed about this. Make sure you get her back." I hung up the phone and Mulder pulled back into him so I was facing away from him.

"What was that about?" Mulder asked snaking his arms around my waist.

"Tina has gone from her room. She screamed and then was gone when the nurse went to check on her. The are out looking for her."

"Oh darling I know what this means to you. Please don't work yourself up, you don't need to. They will find her and it will all be ok." He kissed the back of my head.

"Can we do something to take my mind off it?" I turned around to face him.

"Oh yeah like what?" He grinned at me.

I move me and Mulder around so I was ontop straddling him. "I have a few ideas."

678 words