Chapter Nine

*At the station, Interrogation room*

Y/N POV

I sat behind the two sided mirror, watching Mulder and Scully ask questions to the girl. I looked at the monitor recording the room.

Shocked, I stood up and opened the door that lead to the interrogation room. "Mulder, come look at this." Mulder stood and walked into the room, followed by Scully. "Look at the monitor."

They both looked and gasped. Then Scully asked, "Is that her father?" Mulder opened the case file and pulled out a picture of the dad. He held it up next to the monitor.

"Yep that's him." He said before walking back into the interrogation room. "Bella, you say only you can hear your father?"

"Yes."

"Can you tell me what he says in a second?" She nodded and Mulder turned towards the chair behind Bella at the back of the room, "Mr Brown, we can see you on the monitor in the other room. I would like you to stay in here with Bella until we can figure out what is happening, ok?"

He turned to Bella and she nodded before facing Mulder, "He says ok along as I am here."

Mulder then ushers Scully and I into the adjoining room. "Scully, I need you to go back in there and ask Mr Brown some questions about how he may of got like this. I'm going to get an officer to sit in here, whilst Y/L/N and I go to the library."

Scully nodded and moved towards the door. She turned back and asked, "Why the library?"

"There maybe some books there to do with the case." Scully only nodded and then left the room.

Once she was gone, Mulder interlocked our hands and lead us out of the station. He pulled us to the car and unlocked it. Before I could let go of his hand and go to the passenger door, Mulder pulled me to him and pushed me against the car.

"Sir, not outside the station. The officers outside are already looking at us."

"Just one kiss darling, before we leave. Please, for me."

"A quick one." Mulder's face looks like a child who got the present they wanted for Christmas. He leaned in and captured my bottom lip between his lips. This kiss was amazing, gentle and sweeter then the ones earlier in the old house.

He pulled back and pecked me before letting me get in the car. I knew all the officers out here had seen that and I could also feel the heat radiating of my beet red face. I climbed into the car and put on my seatbelt, as did Mulder. "I thought we could have that talk now." He said starting the car.

"Ok." I replied and grabbed my sunglasses from next to Mulder's before putting them on. He put his on too.

He looked so cute in sunglasses, I remember that I told him that once and he wore them more often from then on out. So I joined him in wearing them. It was like our thing and I guess it still is.

"Before I say what I want to say, I need to know if you were going to say what I think you were going to say. What is it that you were going to tell me earlier?" Mulder asked.

I looked down at my hands and started fidgeting. "I was going to say..." I said normally before my voice softened into a whisper, "...I love you." I looked up, frightened to see Mulder's reaction. He was smiling like a madman. He then pulled me in for another sweet kiss, cupping my face.

He pulled back and placed his forehead on mine and whispered back, "I love you too, and I would love for you to be my girlfriend."

"I would like to be your girlfriend too."

"Will you?"

I giggled before shoving his shoulder, "Yes Fox, of course you silly man." I kissed him this time. As soon as I pulled back I said, "We have a library to get to sir."

"You are gonna drive me crazy!" Mulder signed before pulling out of the parking lot.

698 words