26 - Mini me and Mini you

Hello there! I'll start by saying I am very, very sorry.

I have been away for weeks because of school. I thought I would be able to juggle writing with school work but the stress of school and reading my books was muddling my brain and so there was no way I could sit down to write. I recently concluded my exams and I'm happy to say that I'm back.

I do not take you all for granted and I sincerely apologize for the long break. I have very exciting content for you. Thank you very much❤😘

~

Florence was turned down despite how much she insisted on throwing a welcome party for Devlin and Pamela. Devlin didn't want the attention and Pamela didn't want the frivolities of hosting any gatherings. They hadn't exactly returned from the dead, he'd said. Florence had had non choice than to welcome them in private.

Everything in the states had pretty much been the same, as Cody had done a great job in keeping the business going. Exports and imports had been smooth and they'd not gotten into trouble with the police or any rival gang.

On request, Cody had provided Devlin a record of the transactions they'd made in his absence and that got Devlin locked up in his study for days. Pamela had complained when on the second day he hadn't slept in their bedroom and he refused to let her in the study. It was just he and Cody, making calls, studying papers, staring at their laptops.

He needed to focus, which was why he didn't want her in there with him, he'd said. Pamela had reminded Devlin at every chance she got, which was by yelling at the study door each time she passed, that all business transactions Cody had made were probably squeaky clean and there was no need for him to go over them but she was duly ignored.

At the end of one week, she was right. Everything was in order. Business was booming. Profits were on the rise. They'd even managed to be the sole supplier of places as far as the north. It had been hard because they had a supplier already but when Cody got a contact of a major buyer and gave him a sample of coke, the buyer decided to drop his preceding supplier for Devlin's coke. That had been a huge win, and they'd done it without their boss.

That gave Pamela ideas, ideas she wasn't sure on how to pitch to Devlin: she wanted him to hand the business over to Cody. Why not? He had enough money to start a new life and a new identity. Would that be so bad? She decided to talk to him about it.

It was late at night. Devlin had just returned from one of his secret gang meetings and was going through some papers. He'd told her before leaving that he would return late and she shouldn't wait up for him but she had anyway.

"Are you sure you don't want to eat honey?"

He shook his head, his eyes glued to the paper. "I grabbed something with the boys. Told you that a million times already."

"Sorry." She said humorlessly.

He dropped the paper and looked up at her. "You've got something on your mind. Tell me."

She smiled, leaned in and kissed him. "You're so perceptive. It's sexy"

He held her waist and kissed her deeply. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

They looked at each other for ten, long seconds. "Jeez Pamela get on with it." He said impatiently.

She laughed. "I'm sorry I don't know how you'll react to it."

He leaned back onto the pillows. "Well we will never find out if you don't tell me."