34 - Final Chapter.

Pamela was having a good pregnancy.

She was twenty-eight weeks along and was as strong as ever. Her regular check-up in the hospital came back with good results. Her baby was healthy. She was healthy. She and Devlin spent nights talking about their girl, argued about the name to give her, and caught up about the times they'd missed. They also reminisced and anticipated the future.

The days that followed were the happiest for both of them. Now that Fener was no longer a problem, they went out freely and went sightseeing in beautiful places in Hong Kong. It felt as though they were finally going on their honeymoon. Devlin on one hand was the perfect man and dad-to-be. He made her laugh and pleasured her in many ways than one, while Pamela on the other was the sweetest and sexiest pregnant woman ever. They were a normal, happy couple.

It didn't last long.

It happened some weeks later when Pamela had a craving for pumpkins, and it wasn't even Halloween. Devlin would have easily sent someone but she insisted she went to the market herself. He was not about to let his wife out of his sight and so decided to come with, although he'd expressed his displeasure about leaving the house with her being heavy and all.

"Pamela, you're seven months pregnant. You shouldn't walk."

She laughed and turned to face him. "The market is beautiful. I want to revel in it."

She was right. It was a beautiful summer evening and the market, although noisy was filled with myriad colors and beautiful culture. The beauty of the market didn't stand a chance next to hers though. Her hair was let down and her skin was pretty. She looked like a bride sweetly. He brought her close and kissed her. They stood right there, in the fruit market kissing and laughing.

"I love you." He said. "I'll always love you no matter what."

"I love you." She repeated, giggling. "And I'll always love you no matter what."

"I just had a crazy idea."

"Tell me."

"Let's get married."

She slapped his arm.

"Ow! What?"

"How dare you propose to me in the most preposterous of ways, twice!"

He laughed. "You still remember the first?"

"You never forget your first."

He frowned. "So you still remember your first lover?"

"Shut up and walk. I don't want the stall to run out of pumpkins."

"Fine. But we have to talk about it when we return."

"Yeah, yeah." She approached a stall and smiled at the old woman there. "Hi, can I get some fresh pumpkins?"

"Of course." The old woman replied smiling brightly at Pamela. "How many?"

Pamela nudged Devlin who had been busy surveying the area.

"How many?" Pamela asked him.

He shrugged. "I can buy you the whole store if you want."

An awkward silence fell between them, then to ease it, Pamela laughed loud. "He's joking. He likes to make some terrible jokes. Two big ones please."

"Of course." She picked the pumpkins and put them in a bag. As she handed Pamela the package, she said, "It's a girl I see."

Devlin looked at the woman in shock and so did Pamela but she didn't become suspicious like Devlin was, she became intrigued. She smiled brightly and caressed her belly. "How did you know?"