32 - His Orders.

Pamela saw him before he saw her.

Her first instinct was to run and hide, as she didn't want him anywhere near her; but as she turned to flee, she stopped because her fear turned into curiosity, then anger. Anger was the right emotion anyway because running was so out of it. How could she run when she weighed about 200 pounds?

She turned and walked towards him as quickly as she could carry herself and tapped him on the back. She waited for him to turn to face her before speaking. "Are you following me?"

The young man simply gave her a smile aimed at disarming her. "Hello, Miss."

"Who are you and why do I keep seeing you everywhere?" She demanded.

"Even in your dreams?" He placed a hand on his chest and sighed happily. "I won."

"Excuse me? Won what?" She inquired haughtily. She was sure as the sun shone that she'd seen his face in more than five places in the past three days. Whenever she turned his way, he always looked preoccupied or busy. At first she'd ignored him but seeing him so many times seemed suspicious and the last thing she wanted was to be anywhere near people who looked suspicious, howbeit a handsome one. That was what made him all the more dangerous. She had first hand experience.

"Relax, I was only joking."

"Have you been following me?"

"Yes. But I wouldn't call it following per say."

"Yeah, stalking fits perfectly."

"No, nothing of the sort. The moment I set eyes on you, I was drawn. You're very beautiful and I wanted to tell you this but couldn't muster the courage to."

Pamela gave him her darkest scowls and folded her arms around her middle. Beautiful? Of all the things to say to her. Beautiful was the last thing she was feeling. She was fat and out of sorts. Freckles were all over her face and her cheeks were red and puffed like she had an allergy. The creepy, handsome guy was a fool.

"Stop following me. If I see your face one more time, I'll scream bloody murder."

He laughed. That flustered her. This son of a bitch was hot.

"Why? I'd love to see you sometime soon. Can I get your number? Please?" He added when she scoffed at him.

She should go. She should turn around and flee. From experience, she knew this person was suspicious. No one walks up to a pregnant woman to flatter them.

"Can't you see I'm pregnant?"

"So?"

Definitely a creep. "I could have a husband for all you know."

"There's no ring."

"My finger got swollen due to my pregnancy so I don't wear it for now."

"Okay let's say there's an off change that you're telling the truth. Is there a possibility that you could, perhaps, leave him for me?"

Now she laughed. He grinned back. He looked friendly and disarming. But she had to remember how people had deceived her in the past. Close friends and lovers. Yes she was in a different continent, but she had to be careful and wary.

"I'm Lee Sang Pil. You can call me Pil."

She didn't take his outstretched hand. "Okay."

"Your name?"

She eyed him warily and then said, "Gertrude."

"Beautiful name. What were you buying? I can give you a hand."