Chapter 1

🌸Sakura Haruno🌸

The alarm clock blared. Sakura jolted up from her sheets and rubbed her drowsy eyes, still blurry from being woken from her slumber. Sakura started to aggressively hit the small digital clock, trying to find the snooze button. The beeping nose suddenly ceased after one last bang on the clock.

Sakura rubbed her eyes once more to clear her blurry vision from her sleep. She looked at the small clock, it read 6:38 AM. Her eyes widened and she threw off her covers quickly scurrying to her closet to find an outfit.

"Shit! Shit! Shit! I'm gonna be so late! I can't miss this opportunity!" Sakura panicked as she rushed around her bedroom, gathering the things she would need for her day.

Today was another interview for a job at the hospital. Sakura desperately needed this job. It was the perfect location for Sakura, it was only a couple blocks down from her new apartment. The hospital seemed convenient enough and it was overall a good hospital and place to work at. Some of the best doctors in the country worked there. She would be honored to even get a chance to introduce herself to them, let alone a simple 'hello' would make her feel like the luckiest person in the world.

Though Sakura has just graduated, she wanted to get her doctor's degree. She figured she'd find a job first, once she settles into her job she would work on her doctorate. But, one thing at a time. She has a tendency to multi-task and then ends up overworking herself. Though her friends and family support her decisions, they can't help but worry when she works over her limits. Her parents, along with her best friend from college, Ino. Constantly nag her about overworking herself, warning her about how she is risking her health. She brushes their warnings as per usual and continues to work forward on her dream and career.

🍥Naruto Uzumaki🍥

Naruto fiddled with the lens of his camera. Deciding which lens he would be best for his photo. He came to the conclusion of using the 24mm lens instead of the 30mm. The area wasn't that huge and certainly wasn't the most interesting sight to look at. But, that's the magic of a camera. He could always look at a different perspective and angle, making it more interesting for the eye to look at. That's what Naruto enjoyed about photography. He could take something unappealing and capture it at a preferred angle of his liking. He could cherish a view as long he wanted. His job or better known as his hobby, gave him passion in life.

He was sitting on his four by eight porch. He liked the sight of the city. But where his apartment faced, it wasn't the most exciting thing to look at. While taking photos, his girlfriend Hinata, walked out onto the porch. She was wearing a purple tank top with grey lounge shorts. She held two white mugs in her hands, the smell of coffee wafted into his nose as she walked over to lean on the railing.

"Hey Naruto, I got you coffee." Hinata said as a small gentle smile crept up on her face. Naruto looked up at her and smiled. He took in all her features. Her glowing cheeks tinted with a slight blush. Her long slickly purple hair that reached to her hips. Those hips he loved to hold, curved down to her long slender but strong legs. He brought his attention back to her face. He took a moment to admire her beautiful lavender eyes. He loved those eyes. All the love and warmth just pouring out of them. He could just look at her all day. She hypnotized him.

He saw Hinata take a sip of her own coffee and she handed him his mug. "Oh, thank you honey." He smiled as he took a sip of hot bitter liquid.

Naruto stood up and wrapped his arm around Hinata's waist, he nuzzled his face in the crook of her neck and took in her scent. Hinata jumped in surprise. Another kind smile made its way on her face. She brought her hand up to Naruto's head and began stroke his blonde locks. They stayed like that for a few minutes. Naruto could stay in her arms forever, Hinata could too. But the coffee was getting cold, they decided it would be best to go inside and finish up their breakfast before heading out for the day.

🍅Sasuke Uchiha🍅

Sasuke was quietly eating his packed lunch in his police car. Shisui Uchiha, his cousin and colleague sat beside him in the passenger seat. Shikamaru sat in the backseat of the car explaining how their suspect, that they're currently watching, is proving to be more and more suspicious. Their suspect could be the killer to this case. The two Uchiha police officers listened and added their suggestions and theories to detective Nara's suspicions.

There was a killer on the loose. Sasuke, Shisui, and Shikamaru had to find out who this suspect was. They had already investigated the crime scene but the killer had done a marvelous job cleaning up their mess. Shikamaru had some leads and most of his suspicions were directed to a man named Hadeki Aikawa. Sasuke and Shisui were his back in case something unfortunate took place.

Though Sasuke had just started working for the police department, he had come to learn to trust detective Nara. He had to admit the man was very good at his job, he could crack just about any case a matter of fact. Shisui had helped Sasuke get settled at the department. Though Sasuke was trained and brought as an assistant during some investigations, he still hadn't experienced the full extent of an investigation. Shisui was there to guide Sasuke, but also work with him side by side as a colleague.

Sasuke tucked away the rest of his unfinished lunch. Out of his peripheral vision he saw something strange. He saw the man Hadeki Aikawa, walk out of his home and look around like he was waiting for something or someone. He was twiddling the hem of his shirt nervously, walking back and forth.

"What is he waiting for?" Sasuke spoke, still staring at the suspect.

"Not sure." Shikamaru interjected.

Shisui shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not quite sure myself as well." Shisui furrowed his eyebrow.

A car then pulled up beside Aikawa. A man rolled down his window, he wore a black hat, black mask, and a black sweatshirt. He motioned his hand for Aikawa to get in the car.

"Get in!" The man dressed in black shouted. Aikawa flinched at the man. He was hesitant at first, but then got in the grey Honda vehicle.

Sasuke took out a notepad and wrote down the license plate number and state. He then put the key in the ignition, but waited to turn it until the suspect's had already started to drive.

The grey Honda car started to drive off. Not far behind, but still hidden. Sasuke started to follow. The real fun had just begun for Sasuke, he could feel the adrenaline kicking in. He was excited to find out what these guys were up too.

Hey! Hey! Hey! How'd you guys like it so far? I personally like it a lot better than my other story. Frankly I'm quite proud of how much I've already planned for this story in just a few days. I can see myself completing it and coming up with a good story line. I feel I have so much more freedom doing an modern AU. I just have so many ideas and I'm so excited to write this story. Anyways, these are the little introductions for the three so far. This just shows you' what they do for a living and how their life is going so far.

Well, tell me how you guys liked it! Leave some comments and tell me if there is anything I could critique and make it better. Don't forget to follow for more updates. Love yall💜